MOT for bike

saxo_man

RMS Regular
My bike is due an MOT in a few weeks times. I've never taken a bike through before. Do the testers take the bike through themselves? Are they strict about small number plates - I have a 7x5 plate on my bike. I also dont have a rear reflector and I cant see information on a minimum size on the MOT guidance.

TIA
Adam

1717531298225.png

Dave..

RMS Regular
I think you need a rear reflector and probably better to have a full size plate.

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
e60 320d
Full size plate is probably best. I got away with reflectors on the plate itself in the past don’t know about now.

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
Stick a piece of thin plastic or aluminium sheet on the back of the number plate hanging down about an inch below and then stick one of those rectangle shaped reflectors on it. They are about 1"x4". You often see packets of assorted sizes in the pound shops.

They give you a choice about doing the brake test. Do it yourself or let them do it, doesn't matter.

Scuba Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
S3/V4S/X5/R
plate and reflectors mate are the only thing most of them would notice.
took my old ducati monster to its first MOT and they asked me to come in and start it as they couldnt work out how to start it..... guy that done the bike MOTs was off sick that day.

oh and baffles if youve an aftermarket exhaust.

Brian mc21

RMS Regular
Defo get a decent sized plate and reflector. I motd the RVF around Christmas and they let me take it through even though they were taking the cars through. I had my reflector stuck on the plate.