vw golf
Car failed there on fri....
How long have I got to get it re tested
Is it 21 days.....?

southsky sunrise

RMS Regular
Drives
Old skool
No definitely 21 days to rebook mate but if it fails again and you go outside the initial 21 days you’ll need to do a full test again.

johnm

RMS Regular
Definitely 21 days. It will say it on your fail sheet. Had to do the same thing last week.
Quickest way to book it is go into the office of you centre and book in that way. I done that on a friday night, got a slot for the next evening.
Also, office is open to 5pm, only take bookings until 4pm if your doing that.

NI_Volvo_Nut

RMS Regular
Drives
Volvo's!
Do something nobody does any more - READ THE ******* SHEET

retest must be booked within 21 days from date of full test, you can apply as many times as you like within the 21 days, the car does not have to be retested within the 21 days however if it should fail when outside of the 21 days it will be back for a full test. I did have a retest appear once 6 MONTHS after its full test, needless to say it got a full inspection again!

Last edited:

Nickyyy

RMS Regular
Drives
RS6 / DC2
Do something nobody does any more - READ THE ******* SHEET

retest must be booked 21 days from date of full test, you can apply as many times as you like within the 21 days, the car does not have to be retested within the 21 days however if it should fail when outside of the 21 days it will be back for a full test. I did have a retest appear once 6 MONTHS after its full test, needless to say it got a full inspection again!

Cheap way to get a full MOT!

roverspeed

RMS Regular
Drives
Insignia
In a complex arrangement, my mate was buying my sisters car. I was prepping and taking it to MOT before the sale was to take place. The car had been laid up over a year and needed new discs and pads all round but otherwise seemed grand.

It failed on excessive play on rear right upper suspension bush, they guy was dead on and said he'd love to pass it but couldn't based on that.

So it was 7.55pm appointment on a Friday night.

Drove straight home, had the upper arm out and one reserved for collection for GSF. Felt cocky, so booked the retest for the next day at 10.20am :-D

Was sitting outside GSF on Boucher from about 8.45 am and was the first customer in, out in about 5 mins. Home at 9.15ish

Suspension rebuilt and up the road and passed at 10.20am!

NOW, last month my Insignia had its MOT. All was fine except a broken rear spring, literally about an inch off the end of the coil. O
On the phone to Colin Adams on the way home, picked it up. Couldn't believe how easy it was to replace, literally 1 bolt to get the lower track arm off the hub. Probably 15 minutes including jacking up the car!

Anyways, on to the MOT booking looking for cancellations. GUTTED, couldn't get one for 4 days 8-(

PS that was the first time one of my own cars ever failed MOT, was rightly pissed but would have never spotted the spring without it being on a 2 post.

NI_Volvo_Nut

RMS Regular
Drives
Volvo's!
In a complex arrangement, my mate was buying my sisters car. I was prepping and taking it to MOT before the sale was to take place. The car had been laid up over a year and needed new discs and pads all round but otherwise seemed grand.

It failed on excessive play on rear right upper suspension bush, they guy was dead on and said he'd love to pass it but couldn't based on that.

So it was 7.55pm appointment on a Friday night.

Drove straight home, had the upper arm out and one reserved for collection for GSF. Felt cocky, so booked the retest for the next day at 10.20am :-D

Was sitting outside GSF on Boucher from about 8.45 am and was the first customer in, out in about 5 mins. Home at 9.15ish

Suspension rebuilt and up the road and passed at 10.20am!

NOW, last month my Insignia had its MOT. All was fine except a broken rear spring, literally about an inch off the end of the coil. O
On the phone to Colin Adams on the way home, picked it up. Couldn't believe how easy it was to replace, literally 1 bolt to get the lower track arm off the hub. Probably 15 minutes including jacking up the car!

Anyways, on to the MOT booking looking for cancellations. GUTTED, couldn't get one for 4 days 8-(

PS that was the first time one of my own cars ever failed MOT, was rightly pissed but would have never spotted the spring without it being on a 2 post.
I sorted my Dad's car out yesterday and got a retest for an hour after I was finished, luck of the draw

scub

Banned
mot times are a gift atm chaps.
I totally forgot to book mine till now & in Ards there are any amount of spots for today & whenever you want afterwards.