MOT: Vehicle test centre closes over fault in car lifts

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Whats the craic then, centers opening again on 22nd? :p 4 days off and nothing more from government. Would have thought there would have been some further messaging by now.

Sods law MOT is up on the Z on 22nd so doesn't look to have been extended as that day is the cut off .......for now.
I could be wrong but my reading of the NI Direct site was that any cars with an MOT due to expire in 2020 would be extended for 12 months?

scub

Banned
mine was originally due in march. was given exemption till June when they were supposed to contact me. no word so far & pretty sure no refund either.
any way to actually find out?

steaa

RMS Regular
Drives
DBP MK7.5 R
Automation of TECs
TECs will be automatically generated from DVA’s system for all eligible vehicles without any action needed to be taken by the vehicle owner.

Vehicles whose existing MOT certificate expired from 26 March or will expire before testing resumes again will be automatically exempt from testing for a full 12 months.

For vehicles which have previously been issued a TEC, their TEC will be automatically extended to the maximum timeframes set out in legislation, up to a maximum period of 12 months from their last MOT expiry date.

This means all eligible vehicles will be provided with one year’s cover from their MOT expiry date in 2020, meaning their new MOT expiry date will be pushed forward into 2021, when there will be capacity to test them.

Exemption extended until March 2021.

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
M3 is showing as expiring in July on the online service, think it was initially due to expire in March. Wonder when it will update?

Robin_Hood

RMS Regular
Drives
Defender
Has anyone heard of an update on this June date..
No updates on NIDirect page.

Jamesc

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi TT, A4
I think they were only using boucher Road and Craigavon centres for covid testing, the others were on standby but never/yet to be "converted"

56oval

RMS Regular
What's the story with mot'ing a restored vehicle that's been off the road for a number of years?

Alexmck

RMS Regular
Drives
Golf
I emailed them yesterday about a car out of MOT since Oct 19, 6 months test today, I could get used to this.
What did you email them saying? I emailed about a golf i have and they replied saying no as it was out too long

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
6mth TEC on bike, expires 25th Dec 🎅

My bike would have been due it’s first test on October 1st, but in light of this situation, I managed to get the crowd I bought it from in England to test it early and stick a years ticket on it to save any hassle.

Still haven’t been refunded or given a refund for a test that was booked for mid-May though, so I just email them.

Dave..

RMS Regular
My bike would have been due it’s first test on October 1st, but in light of this situation, I managed to get the crowd I bought it from in England to test it early and stick a years ticket on it to save any hassle.

Still haven’t been refunded or given a refund for a test that was booked for mid-May though, so I just email them.
Email them, I got 2 refunds within a week.