MOT: Vehicle test centre closes over fault in car lifts

dub

RMS Regular
Drives
Aero Wagon
The XJ6 was extended 6 months to January. Was due next week. Think that's 10 months in total it has been extended.

Same for me, just checked and I've been bumped down the road until January 8o|

gixermark

RMS Regular
Drives
GT3, Jedi
i'll not bore people with my story (@PaulYDP ) has been briefed on it !! lol

i got through first thing after a few attempts... but as its a motorhome....... all they could do was take my money.. i then have to e-mail to get a date. and you can be quite sure WHEN i get a date.. all the early dates will be gone :-(

we've holidays booked for 24th June in it....... so really had no slack.. will see when i hear back from e-mail.. but to say i'm pissed off is an understatement.

plan B is a trip to scotland and back to MOT it.... bit excessive mind if it comes to that !!

Bryan

RMS Regular
I finally got through and then the line cut off before someone answered the phone :mad:

Typical NI response instead of turning back on the automated online system we have to go back to the ancient call centre method.

Blackie

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 520d SE
The phone line 0345 247 2471 is now open for those that are not eligible for a TEC and need to book a test. I managed to get through this morning and book for the first day back. I had to keep trying as the message said phone limes were busy try later and then cutting off. When I did get through it wasn't actually too long in the queue.
Same here, Monday 20th in Mallusk!

Like you for the first 20-30mins I got the recorded message which tells you that you can book online, clearly a hangover from the last time the lines were open and they haven’t been bothered to change the message!

Once I did get through there was no queue, was put straight through once you listen to the data protection message.

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
Still no refund from March the useless shower🤬
We were the same, contacted the email address that someone shared on here. They said the refunds had been processed ages ago. I was ready to start shouting down the phone at the them and the wife checks her card statement again.

Turns out it shows on the same date as the money came out. 🤦‍♂️

gpaevo

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi B9.5
We were the same, contacted the email address that someone shared on here. They said the refunds had been processed ages ago. I was ready to start shouting down the phone at the them and the wife checks her card statement again.

Turns out it shows on the same date as the money came out. 🤦‍♂️
Mines definitely not there ffs. Must get on the phone and start a row.

Robin_Hood

RMS Regular
Drives
Defender
Also got through today after a few tries, no problem getting a test for 20th July in New Buildings.

Head Gasket

RMS Regular
Drives
Volvo S60
They seem to be giving 6 month TECs but the website clearly states that all eligible vehicles will get a 12 month TEC?

scub

Banned
Update. Much ranting on the phone got my refund straight away......It's only taken since March.
pretty sure I'm in the same boat. no new date or refund.
not sure I'm in the mood to fart about on hold chasing my 30 quid today or not!
is it taking long?

ECR

RMS Member
They seem to be giving 6 month TECs but the website clearly states that all eligible vehicles will get a 12 month TEC?

Yeah I was wondering this too..
It says 12 month extensions but mine was only 6 months

I have a car that was due for MOT again in early August, but when I checked it now says February 2021, so likewise it has been a 6 month TEC. They are probably keeping their options open to cut it short of 12 months if they are in a position to resume normal business earlier. I think in GB they gave 6 month extensions for a while but from August (earlier than originally planned), they will no longer be issuing extensions.

ItsAdamC

RMS Regular
Drives
Scrappers
I have a car that was due for MOT again in early August, but when I checked it now says February 2021, so likewise it has been a 6 month TEC. They are probably keeping their options open to cut it short of 12 months if they are in a position to resume normal business earlier. I think in GB they gave 6 month extensions for a while but from August (earlier than originally planned), they will no longer be issuing extensions.

Just checked mine there, was due on the 17th august and is now the 17th february. Gives me a bit more time to get through my list, lol

gerryp

RMS Regular
Drives
Porsche 997
My mot expired 16th July and no extension yet.
Car is 2004 and was last motd in England.
Will I have to apply here or will it get the extension.

vezna

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
6 month extension here as well although the website states 12. Car is in great order regardless but 12 would have meant it would have been traded in before I needed to MOT it again.