MOT: Vehicle test centre closes over fault in car lifts

Father Stack

RMS Regular
Drives
VRS
6 months put onto my wifes and my car today. Hers was due to expire next week, and mine at the beginning of August.

Turks

RMS Regular
Drives
Passat/Impreza
Mine was due 28th of August now showing 28th February.

Bryan

RMS Regular
I finally got to take my Mini to Lisburn this afternoon.

1595358400781.png

Different process now. He came up to the car and asked if the air con was off. I said It doesn't have air con so he said are the blowers off... had to check since I brought it on the trailer but yes they were off. Then they ask you to leave the car and head off round the side of the building and stand in your 2m by 2m box. Just as well it was nice weather today - wouldn't take it to be raining.

1595358564928.png

Seemed to take a long time too - was almost half an hour before they drove the car all the way round the building and dropped it off at your box.

They didn't seem to have many cars in - there was one in front of me and nothing at all behind or anything appeared while I was loading it back on the trailer.

Dave..

RMS Regular

View attachment 288239

Different process now. He came up to the car and asked if the air con was off. I said It doesn't have air con so he said are the blowers off... had to check since I brought it on the trailer but yes they were off. Then they ask you to leave the car and head off round the side of the building and stand in your 2m by 2m box. Just as well it was nice weather today - wouldn't take it to be raining.

View attachment 288241

Seemed to take a long time too - was almost half an hour before they drove the car all the way round the building and dropped it off at your box.

They didn't seem to have many cars in - there was one in front of me and nothing at all behind or anything appeared while I was loading it back on the trailer.
My back would be busted standing for half an hour. Glad you got sorted.

Blackie

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 520d SE

View attachment 288239

View attachment 288241

Yea I was struck by how weird it was when I was in yesterday. Much the same as yourself, place looked empty, no cars in front of me, one arrived whilst I was standing outside waiting on mine being returned to me.

So weird!

Cossers

RMS Regular
Drives
Only certain cars getting mots at the moment going by their website!

PaulYDP

RMS Regular
Drives
R1 Turbo
You can only book by phoning 0345 247 2471

I had mine on Monday past, different experience not being able to go in and having to stand outside and wait until the car is driven back round to you!

Robin_Hood

RMS Regular
Drives
Defender
Had the Mini up yesterday in New Buildings, place was very quiet. MOT guys came out, seat covers on and disposable gloves on. Took the car through all aspects of the test and just asked to wait outside. Seemed to be 2 testers to each car, maybe that was just because it was quiet. All done in 20min.

115E5E3C-A3E9-4DFC-9016-93ACA0F9B768.jpeg

_James_

RMS Regular
Drives
V50/M135i
Anyone tried to book an HGV test yet?:joy: I’ve got around 40 to do over September and they can’t tell me how I actually book it correctly only that they’ll only beable to book a week in advance. I’m generally books 2 months in advance, do they understand how the transport industry works at all?

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Anyone tried to book an HGV test yet?:joy: I’ve got around 40 to do over September and they can’t tell me how I actually book it correctly only that they’ll only beable to book a week in advance. I’m generally books 2 months in advance, do they understand how the transport industry works at all?

Were they not giving HGV's a free ticket too there ? Or has that stopped.

And as the DVA are responsible for transport stuff....100% they do not understand. That's how government bodies work !

They'll probably want you to put a mask on the truck first !

_James_

RMS Regular
Drives
V50/M135i
Were they not giving HGV's a free ticket too there ? Or has that stopped.

And as the DVA are responsible for transport stuff....100% they do not understand. That's how government bodies work !

They'll probably want you to put a mask on the truck first !

Extensions for HGVs and trailers stop 1st Sept. there is going to be either many trucks around NI grounded or illegally driven come September.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Extensions for HGVs and trailers stop 1st Sept. there is going to be either many trucks around NI grounded or illegally driven come September.

They'll probably start it again when they realise they ****ed up, and get thousands of applications they cannot fulfill.

chrisd1

RMS Regular
Drives
AE86 / EF Civic
Took the Civic to Lisburn today, was very quiet but anything that was there was pretty cool, nice fresh import Evo, Restored Landrover. They were only 15mins at mine and drove it around again, handed the keys over. Thankfully it wasn't raining while waiting in those yellow boxes lol

PhotoGrid_1597061377650.jpg

Ruairi83

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7.5 GTi PP
Going to get a car tomorrow in England. First registered 28/9/17 does that mean MOT is this September or is it 4 years here?