MOT

Ricky

RMS Regular
Hi

For a car with an MOT due in the last week of May, what happens with regards to an exemption certificate?

considering MOTs are cancelled until June, I’m assuming they won’t be sending out an MOT reminder letter? Does an appointment need to be booked before they apply an exemption to the vehicle or do they just automatically apply one for four months? The expiry date is still showing in May on the DVLA website.

thanks

McFall1984

RMS Regular
Drives
To many cars
My Range Rover was due mot in may
I booked a date in June, got it updated within a day to September

My e60 is due out next week. Mot booked for June also last week an no change on that as of yet

Gavlar

RMS Regular
Mine is up mid April for its first MOT, anytime I tried to book the site crashed

Ricky

RMS Regular
OP
R
Mine is up mid April for its first MOT, anytime I tried to book the site crashed

It is strange and so stupid. I find it bizarre that they don’t just apply exemptions right away to all vehicles with an MOT expiry date that fall before the centres re open. I thought all this would have been done automatically without the need for the owner of the vehicle to do anything

Ant

RMS Regular
It is strange and so stupid. I find it bizarre that they don’t just apply exemptions right away to all vehicles with an MOT expiry date that fall before the centres re open. I thought all this would have been done automatically without the need for the owner of the vehicle to do anything

Assuming its more budgetry about getting the £30 they expected to get at the time than the exemption, only way to get it is to force you to come and book it

McFall1984

RMS Regular
Drives
To many cars
My mot ran out yesterday on the bm
Booked it at the start of the month an nothing
Yet my Range Rover is out next month, booked same time as the bm an that mot was moved to September

Ricky

RMS Regular
OP
R
My mot ran out yesterday on the bm
Booked it at the start of the month an nothing
Yet my Range Rover is out next month, booked same time as the bm an that mot was moved to September
They’re very slow on it. I’d have thought I’d have received my reminder letter In the post by now but I haven’t so they must not be doing them during this lockdown

Odhran

RMS Regular
Drives
A5 Sportback
I didn’t get a reminder letter and just happened to look the other day because I thought it was up at the end of this month to discover it’s been expired since the end of March :no_mouth:

Simon998

RMS Regular
Drives
Cayman S
Are motorcycle MOT's still going ahead? Mines in for the 29th and I havent had word about a cancellation or anything yet.

veron

RMS Regular
Drives
335d
I've just got a reminder letter to Tax the Range Rover. 4 year old though and I've no MOT as they aren't being done. Anyone know what I can do?

andy9eleven

RMS Regular
Drives
All broken
@NI_Volvo_Nut Do you know roughly how long it takes from booking an MoT date to when the exemption is applied?

Also, hypothetically speaking, if said vehicle was last MoT'd a few years ago, will they still apply a TEC? Asking for a friend lol.

McFall1984

RMS Regular
Drives
To many cars
I assume you heard that test centres are closed?
Cookstown isn’t 👍
Apply for your MOT and you will get an extension added
Booked an mot 3 weeks ago for a car that HAD mot
Now no mot an booking still stands
@NI_Volvo_Nut
73B86F11-5912-4D94-8A39-AE0C64B8CF77.png
6221B018-0276-4081-87CF-948A1421DD4A.png

Simon998

RMS Regular
Drives
Cayman S
I assume you heard that test centres are closed?

I did hear that, then I heard from two other people that they're still taking motorcycles. I thought it was a bit odd. I know you work there so I'll take your word for it.

NI_Volvo_Nut

RMS Regular
Drives
Volvo's!
@NI_Volvo_Nut Do you know roughly how long it takes from booking an MoT date to when the exemption is applied?

Also, hypothetically speaking, if said vehicle was last MoT'd a few years ago, will they still apply a TEC? Asking for a friend lol.
6 month extension to any car from date applied if test has expired. It's done manually by staff working from home, so it's not immediate.

Simon998

RMS Regular
Drives
Cayman S
My bike hasnt been mot'd since the 90's so I doubt they'll just had me one lol.

andy9eleven

RMS Regular
Drives
All broken
My bike hasnt been mot'd since the 90's so I doubt they'll just had me one lol.

See this is what peeves me about things atm, and our society generally. Is there any reason they couldn't be doing visual inspection via video on a phone for example. "Ah Sir's bike has been off the road for 20 years and wants an MoT. Cool, let's take 15 mins on a video call and do a walk-round with the owner to make sure it doesn't look like a death trap". Nah, feels like too much work. Let's just sit back and do nothing continue to get full pay.

PS I'm waiting on one for car that was last MoT'd 3 years ago, so in the same boat.

Simon998

RMS Regular
Drives
Cayman S
It's jsut my luck man, I spent years building this. Finally put a big push there during winter to get mine and dad's roadworthy so we can ride out together over summer then this happens ffs.

steveo21

RMS Regular
Drives
EP3
Has anyone got a refund from the first booking? Sounds like an admin nightmare waiting to happen.