Motor Trade Policy - AXA

carmad.

RMS Regular
Drives
good old bird
i am with abbey bond lovis and they tighten there rules/ restrictions every year any more they can sling there hook

at the start i was well covered and they have constantly cut it back while charging similar money ( around £1100 - £1200 ) a year

Bryan

RMS Regular
I have been looking around for some kind of insurance to meet my needs for a while. Abbey Bond Lovis won't quote me because I'm not in the motor trade full time. I need something to cover my own stuff plus the van and maybe the Ford Ranger and anything else I take a notion to buy. Also the car transporter trailer. I won't be having anything performance or jap etc. Might just be the odd Mini etc. The issue I have also come across is nowhere wants to cover classics and a motorhome so these will still need seperate policies.

Currently I have a classic policy, van policy, car policy and motorhome policy. Insurance coming out of my ears.

Bronk

RMS Regular
I have been looking around for some kind of insurance to meet my needs for a while. Abbey Bond Lovis won't quote me because I'm not in the motor trade full time. I need something to cover my own stuff plus the van and maybe the Ford Ranger and anything else I take a notion to buy. Also the car transporter trailer. I won't be having anything performance or jap etc. Might just be the odd Mini etc. The issue I have also come across is nowhere wants to cover classics and a motorhome so these will still need seperate policies.

Currently I have a classic policy, van policy, car policy and motorhome policy. Insurance coming out of my ears.
You try Crumlin insurance partnership?

zafturbo

RMS Regular

Is this not exactly what was mentioned above though .someone looking there private cars ect covered on a traders policy when your not a motor trader . Are you meaning your looking just a one policy covers all type thing but not being say a “mechanic/car salesman” ect.
i looked into this a couple of years ago but there isn’t anyone who would cover everything I had at the time.

Crxpete

RMS Regular
OP
Crxpete
Drives
R55 MCS, SQ5
Only way around it, as I see, is to say you’re a trader, a car detailer or something along those lines.
I’ve had my policy 8 years now and almost every year they are adding more and more restrictions.... hardly worth it at this point as anything nice they have added it to the list of no no’s for your personal car.

RevT

RMS Regular
Only way around it, as I see, is to say you’re a trader, a car detailer or something along those lines.
I’ve had my policy 8 years now and almost every year they are adding more and more restrictions.... hardly worth it at this point as anything nice they have added it to the list of no no’s for your personal car.

I thought the same when renewing there but I’ve managed to get an import AE86 classic, a Sierra classic and an Evo IX on mine now. They added them no problem.

Crxpete

RMS Regular
OP
Crxpete
Drives
R55 MCS, SQ5
I thought the same when renewing there but I’ve managed to get an import AE86 classic, a Sierra classic and an Evo IX on mine now. They added them no problem.
Who’s your policy with? I was with CIP for years (AXA underwriters) then had to move to abbeybondlovis as they wouldn’t take the S3 as a private car as it was modified.
In fairness to CIP they did their best to get the car added as it was a policy with no claims etc against it but AXA still rejected it and the wife and I are in our 30s 🙄

RevT

RMS Regular
It’s with Autoline and AXA are the underwriters. I’ve been with them now about 5 years and they did state that it would be easier to have cars added from existing customers over new ones.

Crxpete

RMS Regular
OP
Crxpete
Drives
R55 MCS, SQ5
It’s with Autoline and AXA are the underwriters. I’ve been with them now about 5 years and they did state that it would be easier to have cars added from existing customers over new ones.
Strange setup they are running, I’ve actually had a trade policy closer to 10years now when I think about it, not one claim against it and I’ve had some nice stuff on it over the years but the last 2 years I’ve seen a big difference to the “black list”, it’s getting to the point I may give it up as there really is so many restrictions on mine now and it’s not a cheap policy 😩

Jaystar77

RMS Regular
East County Down, Loaded up and Truckin'...
Drives
Starlet GT Turbo
I found the same thing this year when it came to renewal.

Ended up knocking it on the head and taking out separate policies for my own stuff as they were getting stupid on what I could and couldn't drive. Would have ended up getting caught out at some stage as most stuff I drive is modified and imported (a lethal combination for Axa apparently, even after ten years of no claims).

Will reassess when the renewal is due next year but for now I'm taking a break from working on other peoples cars which isn't a bad thing.

vxr55

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhall VXR8
Just renewed my traders policy with Axa which has surprisingly come down in price this year. i have an M3 and Vxr8 along with several other performance cars on it fully comp with no problems. We are long term Axa customers and never had any issues but we are full time traders. The broker did say they are trying to weed out those who have trade insurance but are not involved In the motor trade.