Motor Trade Policy - AXA

Crxpete

RMS Regular
Drives
R55 MCS, SQ5
So just renewed the policy with CIP and AXA own the policy.

Went to insure the Audi S3, declared mods..... and it’s been rejected by AXA as it’s our full time car and it’s taxed in our own name..... apparently still covered to drive it if it was something that was for sale.

Any ideas or other companies I can move to? I always paid the extra with AXA to have decent cover but they are pulling the modified stuff and a host of other cars like M3, RS3/4, Golf R, focus ST/RS, Type Rs, imports etc

carmad.

RMS Regular
Drives
good old bird
they pulled all my modified stuff last year and they have been pulling the classics as well

and anything with over a 30% power increase over standard isn’t covered

i used abbey bond lovis instead off sip and they got me cover but i need to phone them before i buy anything nice and ask will they cover it

McFall1984

RMS Regular
Drives
To many cars
We're you with CIP before renewing?
I know if I was to change company I'd lose my jap import cover
So I stayed with CIP Knowing I can drive anything bar a a bike

Crxpete

RMS Regular
OP
Crxpete
Drives
R55 MCS, SQ5
Yea been with CIP a few years now and have trade insurance for the last 8 years with AXA.

A load of restrictions T&Cs are being enforced, basically if a car is your full time driver and taxed in your own name it needs to be a run of the mill, low performing yoke

RevT

RMS Regular
I have jap imports and performance motors listed as my every day car with AXA but when I renewed in April I was told if I go to another broker I may well lose all that.

It happened me when I was about 20 on my private policy too, all new customers with AXA were refused the third party extension, however, because I was an existing customer they allowed me to hold on to it.

Crxpete

RMS Regular
OP
Crxpete
Drives
R55 MCS, SQ5
I have jap imports and performance motors listed as my every day car with AXA but when I renewed in April I was told if I go to another broker I may well lose all that.

It happened me when I was about 20 on my private policy too, all new customers with AXA were refused the third party extension, however, because I was an existing customer they allowed me to hold on to it.

Are you through CIP?

CIP rang AXA about the S3 and they said no straight away to it as it was modified..... and they hadn’t had anywhere near the full spec of the car 🤯

McFall1984

RMS Regular
Drives
To many cars
Are you through CIP?

CIP rang AXA about the S3 and they said no straight away to it as it was modified..... and they hadn’t had anywhere near the full spec of the car 🤯

Any time I buy a car I just ring CIP ask for Jimmy an he adds the car, never had to ask AXA before
Maybe it's a new thing, I'll know January when it's renewal time

RevT

RMS Regular
It is a new thing Gary, came in around March just before my renewal.

I’m with Autoline in Coleraine but I rang CIP and AbbeyBL and they said the same thing about changing would lose me my ability to have what I have now on the policy.

mayweather

RMS Regular
Drives
M3 Evolution
Wee haven’t had any issues and were with CIP....if this bollox starts I think we will
pack it in

Crxpete

RMS Regular
OP
Crxpete
Drives
R55 MCS, SQ5
Wee haven’t had any issues and were with CIP....if this bollox starts I think we will
pack it in

I’ve had no complaints with them at all until today.... official document came with the renewal to state all this.

Speaking to the girl that looks after my account there’s more than a few existing customers that’s not happy and have pulled the plug on the policy.

colin84

RMS Regular
They are definitely becoming more strict. Previously I just rang CIP and told them what car I wanted to add, but now I get a few questions, like asking is it modified.

Also they wouldn't let me put a car on because I initially answered that it wasn't going to be in my name, telling me to just keep my certificate on me. I said I have a long journey to do in it, and I don't want to be stopped by the cops and having to explain myself. Was never an issue before, I kinda thought that's what I'm paying my money for.

mayweather

RMS Regular
Drives
M3 Evolution
I’ve had no complaints with them at all until today.... official document came with the renewal to state all this.

Speaking to the girl that looks after my account there’s more than a few existing customers that’s not happy and have pulled the plug on the policy.

We switched to CIP about 4 years ago after getting a phone call to say I was no longer eligible to drive the m3 which was on the policy until I turned 31 and put restrictions on the motorbikes,

azzamut

RMS Regular
Drives
Evo ,GS430
That's a ballix.

Most of the stuff I have on my policy through CIP is modified.

Renew next month... Time to shop around then. Been with them about 7 or 8 years too with no issues

TSPORT

RMS Regular
Drives
///M3
CIP made a fuss when i added a E46 M3 after removing a E92 M3 claiming the engine size was too large. I explained I have just removed a 4.0 V8 and am adding a 3.2, I was told they would need to talk to AXA to see if all was ok.
They now have an online system for updating the MID, When I added a 3.8 911 Porsche via the online system I was expecting them to call me about it but they never did and it was added to the MID with no issues. I am told they are trying to crack down on people with trade policy's who are not actually motor trade.

mk2driver

RMS Regular
Drives
Impreza Type RA
CIP made a fuss when i added a E46 M3 after removing a E92 M3 claiming the engine size was too large. I explained I have just removed a 4.0 V8 and am adding a 3.2, I was told they would need to talk to AXA to see if all was ok.
They now have an online system for updating the MID, When I added a 3.8 911 Porsche via the online system I was expecting them to call me about it but they never did and it was added to the MID with no issues. I am told they are trying to crack down on people with trade policy's who are not actually motor trade.

Controversial comment but I think that last statement covers most of the people in this thread........

Nicky Glanza

RMS Regular
Drives
BMX
I could be wrong but after a query regarding jap imports Cip basically explained that if your policy is over 5 years possibly 4 and you renew every year you have the old type policy and I think they have to honour your original entitlements whereas any newer than that are subject to change. For anyone looking to swap over to another company just beware that in the event of an accident or claim they look for more evidence that your trading whereas axa is a lot more understanding

mayweather

RMS Regular
Drives
M3 Evolution
I could be wrong but after a query regarding jap imports Cip basically explained that if your policy is over 5 years possibly 4 and you renew every year you have the old type policy and I think they have to honour your original entitlements whereas any newer than that are subject to change. For anyone looking to swap over to another company just beware that in the event of an accident or claim they look for more evidence that your trading whereas axa is a lot more understanding

In my experience axa will do anything and everything they can to put you off a claim and to pursue it yourself through solicitors.

Nicky Glanza

RMS Regular
Drives
BMX
In my experience axa will do anything and everything they can to put you off a claim and to pursue it yourself through solicitors.
Fair enough from your experience but I could tell you of 5 accidents none of my own policy through friends and everyone was straight forward and paid out and the cars / vans in question may or may not have had tax/mot etc and there were no issues

PeteMoore

RMS Regular
Aviva - no issues in 20+ years between Mum and myself
Yes they will be much dearer, but when sh*t hits the fan they are genuinely there to help, not worm their way out of everything. Very few policies are worth the paper the cover note is printed on.

bennn

RMS Regular
Drives
a bike
If i were to buy and sell a few cars am I right in saying that trade plates and trade insurance is all thats needed? Looks like it would be a few hundred a year and definitiley more cost effective than getting temporary cover all the time.

trev 1515

RMS Regular
Drives
E39 M5 Evo ix
It depends what you need it for and what type of cover it is. Does sound too cheap too me