Motorbike CBT thread - Ask all related questions here

Miss 206

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2 CTR GT - Mil
Im in the midst of doing my test for the bike, ive my CBT & theory... Manoeuvres booked for Oct.
Been learning with Gene in ards...ace guy!!

midgelfc

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 630D GT
Well done Midge (y)
Any wobblers or perfect :p
Cheers DaddyC, and yes there were a few wobblers :p.... 6 minors in total, i got 2 of them just over a mile from the test centre, was raging :mad:...... the others were for taking 2 turns to wide, he side i should have been closer to the curb, and 2 were for signalling a bit later than he would of liked, fair enough....... though to be honest the hour lesson i was out on before my test was a complete disaster, from the start i was forgetting to indicate and doing all sorts of silly things, luckily i managed to get all the big mistakes out of my system before the actual exam!

Im in the midst of doing my test for the bike, ive my CBT & theory... Manoeuvres booked for Oct.
Been learning with Gene in ards...ace guy!!
Thats who i passed with today, Gene's a sound fella isnt he? Doesnt push or pressure you into taking anymore lessons than is needed (y)

Miss 206

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2 CTR GT - Mil
Cheers DaddyC, and yes there were a few wobblers :p.... 6 minors in total, i got 2 of them just over a mile from the test centre, was raging :mad:...... the others were for taking 2 turns to wide, he side i should have been closer to the curb, and 2 were for signalling a bit later than he would of liked, fair enough....... though to be honest the hour lesson i was out on before my test was a complete disaster, from the start i was forgetting to indicate and doing all sorts of silly things, luckily i managed to get all the big mistakes out of my system before the actual exam!

Thats who i passed with today, Gene's a sound fella isnt he? Doesnt push or pressure you into taking anymore lessons than is needed (y)

was that u that was there last night practicising when i came for a lesson cos that fella was doing his test today too

midgelfc

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 630D GT
was that u that was there last night practicising when i came for a lesson cos that fella was doing his test today too
Unless you seen me at lunch time about 13:15 then it wasn't me. I think Gene had 6 people doing their test today in Newtownards, there was a guy directly after me doing his, then a girl doing her's after that. Then he had another 3 after lunch.

Miss 206

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2 CTR GT - Mil
Unless you seen me at lunch time about 13:15 then it wasn't me. I think Gene had 6 people doing their test today in Newtownards, there was a guy directly after me doing his, then a girl doing her's after that. Then he had another 3 after lunch.

No he definitely sound, he is a great teacher!! No it was at 7pm that night doing a bit of practice before his test the next day!! Well congrats! Ive 2 more lessons before headn to mallusk for the off road part...ekkk!!

midgelfc

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 630D GT
No he definitely sound, he is a great teacher!! No it was at 7pm that night doing a bit of practice before his test the next day!! Well congrats! Ive 2 more lessons before headn to mallusk for the off road part...ekkk!!
you'll be grand, Gene will have you ready for it no problem.

Though he usually gets a guy called Robbie to bring the bike up to you at Mullusk. Though Robbie is really sound and will talk/walk you through the entire process before the test and give you plenty of tips. I stalled my bike during the off road test (stupidly put it in first without holding the clutch in) and still managed to pass :confounded:

Miss 206

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2 CTR GT - Mil
you'll be grand, Gene will have you ready for it no problem.

Though he usually gets a guy called Robbie to bring the bike up to you at Mullusk. Though Robbie is really sound and will talk/walk you through the entire process before the test and give you plenty of tips. I stalled my bike during the off road test (stupidly put it in first without holding the clutch in) and still managed to pass :confounded:
I hope nerves wont get the better of me, but excited about getting it all done & getting the bike licence!! :grinning: I think Gene is coming with us though! I hope!

big-lew18

RMS Regular
OP
big-lew18
Drives
really well!
Congrats mate! I've mine on next week. Then to find the right bike. You have a bike yet midge?

midgelfc

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 630D GT
Congrats mate! I've mine on next week. Then to find the right bike. You have a bike yet midge?
Good luck for next week big-lew..... where abouts are you doing your test?

I just agreed to buy a bike around the time you posted. A 2000 Suzuki SV650... got insurance for £152 as well!!!!... going tonight to collect it after work so expect to see a thread up about it. Cant wait, though also nervous as well that i will actually have a bike to ride on my own without someone in my ear telling me to turn right!!!!

arewethereyet

RMS Regular
who did you get insurance at that price off?
seems rather low, , rural postcode or something. everywhere i look for insurance for my lad is about 1200 quid tpo for a 600 hornet or fazer around year 2000/01, they wouldn't touch him with a 650 anywhere.

midgelfc

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 630D GT
who did you get insurance at that price off?
seems rather low, , rural postcode or something. everywhere i look for insurance for my lad is about 1200 quid tpo for a 600 hornet or fazer around year 2000/01, they wouldn't touch him with a 650 anywhere.
Nope definitely not a rural postcode, BT15, probably one of the worst postcodes to have in Belfast for insurance and anything else really lol!. Only thing i can think which made the difference is that i said it would be parked overnight at my Girlfriends house in Bangor.

Got the insurance via gocompare with an English Company called Bikesure, who i believe are brokers. TPO with no excess, well happy.

big-lew18

RMS Regular
OP
big-lew18
Drives
really well!
Just passed my test first thing this morning. 8:50 was my appointment. So traffic was slow:grinning:

I was completely kieking myself last night.lol. But 3 minors,not looking before a signal, a wobble out of the test centre and braking late before a turn:/. But still a pass is a pass:grinning: now to hunt for a bike!:laughing:

Must say I would reccomend Mike Bamberick to anyone! And Alison who works with him as she took me quite a bit! Top notch training!

sc_evo

RMS Regular
Drives
M4
im thinking about going for the bike test soon. can anyone do me a quick recap so i dont have to read through 6 pages of this thread lol?? lazy git.

what do i have to do first and roughly what costs are involved? thanks (ps, im an oul boy, 38 years old)

big-lew18

RMS Regular
OP
big-lew18
Drives
really well!
Nice one! What bike are you going for after all?

Don't know yet mate, cbr or hornet, undecided as of yet, going to take a few for a spin.

sc_evo, the first page should cover it.lol. But cbt £170ish, theory £27ish iirc, lessons £25 a pop, offroad test £17ish, onroad test £58. I think that's the costs.lol

sc_evo

RMS Regular
Drives
M4
Don't know yet mate, cbr or hornet, undecided as of yet, going to take a few for a spin.

sc_evo, the first page should cover it.lol. But cbt £170ish, theory £27ish iirc, lessons £25 a pop, offroad test £17ish, onroad test £58. I think that's the costs.lol

sounds like a load of guff but if thats what it takes i will get on the ball. cheers mate. i like the sound of the of road test, i can do it on my mx bike :grinning:

Kerzo

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon FR
If you are under 23 I think then it isn't however it is good for us old fogeys :p

gary87

RMS Regular
Drives
E350
Anyone have a recommendation for someone to give me some lessons? Think it's time to finally bite the bullet!

Andy044

RMS Regular
Drives
^^^^^^
What area are you in?
I have used Ians in Ards before and the guys at Allens Honda in Portadown before. I would recommend either one of them.