Motorbike CBT thread - Ask all related questions here

Lee

RMS Regular
Thanks for the replies. I'm from the west so would be going to BMG motorcycle training. I have just noticed on his site this (the bit saying until 2018):

Screenshot_2018-04-28-22-00-35.png

Polobrat666

RMS Regular
Drives
Cars/MT09 Tracer
Don't panic nothing has changed yet (y) the main parts of new system is a theory test before CBT, revoked CBT if you collect 6 points and learning time instead of test to upgrade.

Get done sharpish :grinning:

Captain Starlet

RMS Regular
Is anyone experiencing difficulty booking a theory test, my friend is trying to book his but only gets the option to book a taxi theory test.

He rang persons (the organisation who run the theory test) and they said there is a block on his license and needs an entitlement check from the DVLA which takes 5 days. This seems strange as he has never had points or convictions on his license.

He then emailed the DVLA and they said this wasn't the case, there was a glitch with the system and they instructed Pearson to call him and arrange a booking over the phone.

Pearson called back but said once again that they can't book the test until there has been an entitlement check and the glitch has been sorted.

WTF, this has been going on for 2 weeks now.

theory.JPG

Last edited:

Ben 6

RMS Regular
Drives
Jetta/Street Cup
Is anyone experiencing difficulty booking a theory test, my friend is trying to book his but only gets the option to book a taxi theory test.

He rang persons (the organisation who run the theory test) and they said there is a block on his license and needs an entitlement check from the DVLA which takes 5 days. This seems strange as he has never had points or convictions on his license.

He then emailed the DVLA and they said this wasn't the case, there was a glitch with the system and they instructed Pearson to call him and arrange a booking over the phone.

Pearson called back but said once again that they can't book the test until there has been an entitlement check and the glitch has been sorted.

WTF, this has been going on for 2 weeks now.

View attachment 253010
I had the exact same thing, I sent an email to [email protected], they rang me about booking a date over the phone. Then got an email from Pearson confirming the booking. Tell him to ring 0345 600 6700.

Captain Starlet

RMS Regular
I had the exact same thing, I sent an email to [email protected], they rang me about booking a date over the phone. Then got an email from Pearson confirming the booking. Tell him to ring 0345 600 6700.
Cheers Ben, got sorted today, but only because the entitlement check came back clear from the Dvla, or so they said, he tried that number before with no luck. A load of unnecessary hassle, I'm just glad I got mine sorted when it was a single theory and practical test.