Motorbike test and 1st bike advice

Slimsbikers

RMS Regular
Drives
S1000xr
Whoever you done your CBT with should have put you through it on a bigger bike, unless you hadn’t mentioned that you were for carrying on and doing the full A licence.

Instructors doing the CBT as a standalone test is a bit of a money grabbing scam as it is. It can be completed throughout the lessons your undertaking for the full licence.
Fully agree with you here. As soon as you go for your cbt a good instructor should ask you about your future plans and offer you appropriate options going forward

saxo_man

RMS Regular
I think I had little desire to go bigger initially, so I cant really fault the instructor, I hadnt planned too much other than getting out on the road legally with a 125cc. However after some riding since then I know that I want to have access to a wider range of bikes. Sure initially I thought I wanted to ride auto :joy: lol

Ben

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
That's wild, i'd complain. After being on a 125cc on my CBT for about half an hour they had me on a 600cc for the rest of the day.

saxo_man

RMS Regular
That's wild, i'd complain. After being on a 125cc on my CBT for about half an hour they had me on a 600cc for the rest of the day.
If I’d have known before it I’d have probably went for the 600cc tbh. I’ll just make sure I do the right test 😳