Motorbike test and 1st bike advice

Big Dogg

RMS Regular
Drives
Tesla MY-LR
Just passed my mod 2! I'm over the moon. It was a smashing day for it too. The examiner took me way down the coast road of Larne out to Ballygalley and then back via a load of country roads.

On the lookout for my first big bike now if anyone knows of one for sale? I've a post up in the Misc sales section.

wings

RMS Regular
Drives
MK 6 GTi
Just passed my mod 2! I'm over the moon. It was a smashing day for it too. The examiner took me way down the coast road of Larne out to Ballygalley and then back via a load of country roads.

On the lookout for my first big bike now if anyone knows of one for sale? I've a post up in the Misc sales section.

congrats :grinning: im hoping to get book my CBT at the end of the month and hopefully get my tests for summer

Big Dogg

RMS Regular
Drives
Tesla MY-LR
Get in for them ASAP because I imagine everyone will have the same idea as we get closer to the summer now. I'd definitely recommend Victor in Carrick. Got me through my tests much quicker and cheaper than I was expecting!

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Who's good for bike lessons around the Ballymoney/Coleraine area?

Big Dogg

RMS Regular
Drives
Tesla MY-LR
I found an old post on the forum about R plates, but wondering if anyone has any experience recently. I've been driving on a full car license for 8 years now and just passed my full Cat A direct access test. Do I need to display R plates and keep to less than 45mph? I'm guessing yes?

If I wasn't to display them and got caught, what's the worst outcome? 3 points?

Big Dogg

RMS Regular
Drives
Tesla MY-LR
Done a bit more research online and I think I'm not restricted to 45mph because I done the direct access Cat A test, but still have to display the R plates. Would be greatful if someone could confirm though.

wings

RMS Regular
Drives
MK 6 GTi
passed the off test yesterday :grinning: have my on road exam booked for next month :grinning: maybe its just me but the examiner seem to be a more relaxed then when i was taking my car exam or maybe im just older lol

M4TT

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI Mk7.5
passed the off test yesterday :grinning: have my on road exam booked for next month :grinning: maybe its just me but the examiner seem to be a more relaxed then when i was taking my car exam or maybe im just older lol
My examiner didn't give a crap when I did my bike test lol. He followed me in a car too cos it was baltic (he said it was cos his bike had broken down that morning...). Passed with two minors despite doing a lot more wrong than that.

wings

RMS Regular
Drives
MK 6 GTi
My examiner didn't give a crap when I did my bike test lol. He followed me in a car too cos it was baltic (he said it was cos his bike had broken down that morning...). Passed with two minors despite doing a lot more wrong than that.

Well hopefully I get one like that on my test haha

dannyfawcett

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3, 1.6 hat
Apparently so. coming up to a roundaboout i wasnt sure what lane to be in then fired into the one beside me.... he said it was the right decision but gave me a minor for steering.

M4TT

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI Mk7.5
One of my minors was for a slight wobble just as I started lol. Nerves got the better of me.

But honestly the off road test is the hard part imo.

wings

RMS Regular
Drives
MK 6 GTi
Just passed my test this morning :cool:. So may start saving now for a bike lol. I was just wondering how do i get my license updated i know i have to send it away is it to Coleraine? and where do i get the forms the post office?

Thanks

One of my minors was for a slight wobble just as I started lol. Nerves got the better of me.

But honestly the off road test is the hard part imo.

id agree with that as the examiner was very dead on and it the whole thing seem very relaxed.

Big Dogg

RMS Regular
Drives
Tesla MY-LR
Well done lad. Great feeling! Aye, I just sent my license off with the pass cert. Don't need any forms.

wings

RMS Regular
Drives
MK 6 GTi
O really? Just send it off ? My instructor said there's a form to fill out as well lol.
Yea the drive home from the test centre was great [emoji1]
Although god knows how long before I'm back on one now [emoji17]

adam1942

RMS Regular
Drives
2015 F56
Spoke to Gene today about the other half and I getting our license.

Sound fella - had the perfect answer to every question. Going to see if we can get booked in at the end of the month to at least get the CBT done :grinning:

One thing I meant to ask and didn't was if you do direct access do you have to do a bike test for each CC or can you do an all in one or do we need to do a 125cc first and then a complete a test for the 400 and 600?

Sharkman

RMS Regular
Drives
Stick
@adam1942

D/A covers every cc. The package that gene offered when I done mine included CBT and use of bike for lessons, off road and on road test. You pay the test fee for each. I would get the theory out of the way before booking in for lessons IMO.

Going for CBT at end of month will cost you more in long run when you come to do d/a unless he would drop the price for it from his package.

dannyfawcett

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3, 1.6 hat
Spoke to Gene today about the other half and I getting our license.

Sound fella - had the perfect answer to every question. Going to see if we can get booked in at the end of the month to at least get the CBT done :grinning:

One thing I meant to ask and didn't was if you do direct access do you have to do a bike test for each CC or can you do an all in one or do we need to do a 125cc first and then a complete a test for the 400 and 600?
Gene is a legend and doesnt stick the arm in either. Very good instructor who Has built up quite a client base based on word of mouth really! Youl not go far wrong

adam1942

RMS Regular
Drives
2015 F56
@Sharkman booked the theory test for both me and the wife - completing on the 22nd and we'll organise some ride time with Gene for July :grinning:. Cheers for the info.

adam1942

RMS Regular
Drives
2015 F56
Both her and I passed today the theory today. Time to get some lessons booked.

I beat her by one point over all yaa!

image1.JPG