Motorbike test and 1st bike advice

AndyG

RMS Regular
Booked the Theory test for next week, once it's out of the way I'll be going the Direct Access route with Ian's in Newtownards, anyone used them before? Keeping everything crossed I'll have the test passed before the end of Summer.

Also, who's everyone insured with? Carole Nash and other comparison websites are returning quotes of £1500~ for fully comp on a 2017 Ninja 650, that's at 29 years old, no motorcycle history, but 9 years with a car driving license and 6 years NCB.

Another good option in Ards is Gene Waterworth, he’s very good, got me through everything in a few months and most of the waiting was getting dates for the tests

Wheelchair

RMS Regular
Drives
Another good option in Ards is Gene Waterworth, he’s very good, got me through everything in a few months and most of the waiting was getting dates for the tests

Cheers Andy. Think my brother may know him, I'll give him a ring and see what his availability is like!

rollinstone

RMS Regular
Drives
Old man car
Honest to god the direct gov are the most useless unhelpful attitude driven shower of cnuts god put breath into. You don't have the entitlement I can see it here, I'm sorry but clearly I do as I just did the theory, our systems say you can't have.... oh right did I dream that this morning driving into town to do it. I could get grumpy here ya know!!

Lee

RMS Regular
Honest to god the direct gov are the most useless unhelpful attitude driven shower of cnuts god put breath into. You don't have the entitlement I can see it here, I'm sorry but clearly I do as I just did the theory, our systems say you can't have.... oh right did I dream that this morning driving into town to do it. I could get grumpy here ya know!!

It takes a couple of days to come up on the system before you can book the off road.

Lee

RMS Regular
2018-06-05 22.08.19.jpg

Wheelchair

RMS Regular
Drives
Have my first lesson coming up this Tuesday and I need suitable footwear. Footwear isn't supplied in the lessons so I'll need to get something with decent protection sorted. Could anyone recommend anywhere that I could call in and try a few types of motorcycle boots on? I live in Ards and work in Belfast - so local to either suits.

adam1942

RMS Regular
Drives
2015 F56
I wear brogues that cover up over the ankle not worth buying a load of kit if you are not going to complete (you might not enjoy the experience)

I'm waiting until my CBT is done before deciding what to do.

wings

RMS Regular
Drives
MK 6 GTi
Have my first lesson coming up this Tuesday and I need suitable footwear. Footwear isn't supplied in the lessons so I'll need to get something with decent protection sorted. Could anyone recommend anywhere that I could call in and try a few types of motorcycle boots on? I live in Ards and work in Belfast - so local to either suits.

Theres moto module in Antrim its literally just off the motorway and they have a good selection of stuff also that new place infinity motorcycles is opening on boucher road on Saturday, i would think they would have some sort open offers on or something seeing how there just opening.

Wheelchair

RMS Regular
Drives
Thanks for the advice guys!

I wear brogues that cover up over the ankle not worth buying a load of kit if you are not going to complete (you might not enjoy the experience)

I'm waiting until my CBT is done before deciding what to do.

I've a pair of walking boots that come up over my ankle, could ring the instructor and ask if I'd get away with those..

Theres moto module in Antrim its literally just off the motorway and they have a good selection of stuff also that new place infinity motorcycles is opening on boucher road on Saturday, i would think they would have some sort open offers on or something seeing how there just opening.

Nice one, I'm actually up in Ballymena tonight at @'96dc2 's gym, I could maybe swing by Module beforehand!

adam1942

RMS Regular
Drives
2015 F56
@Wheelchair I have some walking boots that have a large "cover" over the toe. I found the brogues better as they are a little thinner and pointier however they offer basically no protection for the foot just support for the ankle.

Wheelchair

RMS Regular
Drives
@Wheelchair I have some walking boots that have a large "cover" over the toe. I found the brogues better as they are a little thinner and pointier however they offer basically no protection for the foot just support for the ankle.

The ones I have would no doubt be similar, I haven't worn them in a while but I remember them being quite chunky which may not be ideal. The instructor just said no trainers which is basically all I have other than work shoes.

Wheelchair

RMS Regular
Drives
Had my first lesson lastnight with Ian in Newtownards. Bit of an alien feeling having never ridden a bike before, the weaving and U-Turns proved most difficult for me but that will just come with more practice. Have my theory this Friday, another lesson next Wednesday, hopefully the CBT not long after and then getting booked in for the off-road test ASAP providing I pass the theory. Full steam ahead!

Delboy23

RMS Regular
Drives
EP3
Anyone any suggestions for the Mod 1 to be done between craigavon or mullask?

Delboy23

RMS Regular
Drives
EP3
Don't think it really matters. I live in Craigavon and done mine in Mallusk. Just depended when was soonest for me.

Guess that’s true, was just told to book either place as the place close to me was a bad track surface I think. What way is it booked Ben?