Motorbike test and 1st bike advice

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
My experience was very similar to Nicky. My instructor was Victor Rodgers out in Carrick. Would highly recommend him.

Flip I did my lessons with him :joy: never followed through with the tests though, was at the same time as I bought my first Audi S3 so didn't see the point at the time of doing it (regrettably)

domo gti

RMS Regular
Drives
6n2/PoloGTI+
My first lesson was last weekend of Sept & had my Mod2 test passed on 20th December although i wasnt in a huge rush so im sure it could be done quicker.

I used Paul Hunter in Downpatrick recommended by @aaron_dp & also by afew friends.

Travelled down from Lisburn for lessons but i would 100% recommend him, it was always 1 to 1 lessons and a real sound bloke to top it off.

Get your test done as there is nothing like it!
Good luck!

WSK

RMS Regular
Drives
R
I'm in no mad rush either tbf, be happy to be on the road for next spring.

Soon as i get the theory done - il give your man victor a shout or GO Motorcycle Training NI - they seem to be about ards direction.

Cheers

andy9eleven

RMS Regular
Drives
All broken
I used Simon Beckett of North Down Riding Training based in Balloo in Bangor. Always one-to-one lessons and very good, albeit it's not like I can compare him to anyone else!

WSK

RMS Regular
Drives
R
I ****ed up boys.

Theory test is at 7pm and I don’t have the paper part of my licence ffs.. it’s at the parents 80 mile away. Il land to the test centre anyway for the rejection lol.

Raging! Rebook for next week I suppose!

dc5Civic

RMS Regular
Drives
ST
Passed my mod 2 about 3 weeks ago, a bit confused as to what i have to send away.
Do i fill in the DL1 form and send that both parts of my licence and mod 2 test cert? Also mentions something abiut paying a fee but doesnt say how much!?

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
Anyone's kids got on the road lately? My nephew turns 16 in a few weeks and we have rebuilt his Yamaha Jog 50 since Christmas and he now needs to see about getting on the road. At 16 do they still need their theory and CBT like you would for a 125? If they have to do both does that then cover them at 17 and into a 125, or does he have to do another test next year to get him on a 125?

All totally different since I did my test over 20 years ago LOL

Bouncy

RMS Regular
Drives
Clio
Just need the CBT and then he's good to go if he does his CBT on a automatic and he wants to go till a gear bike near year I'm near sure u got to redo the CBT

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
Just need the CBT and then he's good to go if he does his CBT on a automatic and he wants to go till a gear bike near year I'm near sure u got to redo the CBT

No theory to do then, or does he have to do that too?

StephenMcC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
No theory needed for CBT, only when you're going for a full test.

Booked my theory tonight, finally pulling the finger out.

VEN©M

RMS Regular
Drives
2011 Camaro SS
Anyone done their practical test in Mallusk? what way does it work when booking the practical test - I thought there was two parts, the booking doesn't seem to differentiate.

WSK

RMS Regular
Drives
R
Should be 2 separate parts - Off Road & On Road?

Off Road - Manoeuvres, figure 8, emergency stop etc - 15ish mins - Usually at an MOT centre
On Road - Ride with an Examiner

BMG took care of all the booking for me so not sure on the booking process

VEN©M

RMS Regular
Drives
2011 Camaro SS
Thanks. booking system just gives a date for the practical, doesn't differentiate between manoeuvres vs on-road test. I assume manoeuvres comes first but there's zero clarity about whether they are on the same day or I need to book the on-road test after completing successfully completing manoeuvres.
Should be 2 separate parts - Off Road & On Road?

Off Road - Manoeuvres, figure 8, emergency stop etc - 15ish mins - Usually at an MOT centre
On Road - Ride with an Examiner

BMG took care of all the booking for me so not sure on the booking process

Slimsbikers

RMS Regular
Drives
S1000xr
Thanks. booking system just gives a date for the practical, doesn't differentiate between manoeuvres vs on-road test. I assume manoeuvres comes first but there's zero clarity about whether they are on the same day or I need to book the on-road test after completing successfully completing manoeuvres.
They'll be 2 seperate dates.Do your off road first then book the on road test.

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf

You can only complete the on road portion of the test upon completion of the off road part. Whoever you’re doing your lessons with should be able to advise or even schedule it for you, as most instructors seem to do for learners.

VEN©M

RMS Regular
Drives
2011 Camaro SS
Mallusk has one day with 2 slots available, all other centres say 'nothing available'. hmmm....

Wheelchair

RMS Regular
Drives
Mallusk has one day with 2 slots available, all other centres say 'nothing available'. hmmm....

If I remember correctly you will only see the off-road available tests until you pass it. Mallusk is the only place I know of that does the off-road, I travelled up there from Newtownards when I was learning with Ians, but they booked all my tests for me.

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
If I remember correctly you will only see the off-road available tests until you pass it. Mallusk is the only place I know of that does the off-road, I travelled up there from Newtownards when I was learning with Ians, but they booked all my tests for me.
I did mine at Downpatrick but that was nearly 14 years ago 🤣

WSK

RMS Regular
Drives
R
MOD 1 passed 2 weeks ago.

No date for MOD 2 yet - Seems there are none available in Omagh or Enniskillen anytime soon. Bollox.