Motorbike transport from England

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Who is recommended for bringing a bike from England?

I’ve tried contacting MB Transport every day this week but I’m yet to get an answer or returned call, so I’m guessing he’s not operating at the minute.

Getting to England to collect a bike at the minute isn’t really an option, so just seeing what’s available for transport.

Cheers

RevT

RMS Regular
Contact Ady on 07840311574. Man is out every week and bringing bikes back all the time.

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
DMT still going? Had my Duc delivered by Davey before he passed away and it was faultless. I know it was taken over by not sure it's still under the same name

Nicky

RMS Regular
OP
Nicky
Drives
HiluxSurf

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
He just quoted me very happy to get a bike to Stranraer from the very south of England. Nothing seems to be a problem.

Yeah he's a nice guy and was very careful with the bikes and all.

aaron_dp

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon
I didn't have a great experience with MB Transport but seems to have good feedback from others. I used Tony at The Bike Bus and I couldn't fault him, great communication and looked after the bike as if it was his own and seemed a fair price. Even tried to talk my mrs into buying her own bike too

Nicky

RMS Regular
OP
Nicky
Drives
HiluxSurf
Contact Ady on 07840311574. Man is out every week and bringing bikes back all the time.

another vote for ady from me, done me a good deal and kept me informed how the move was going..

Going with Aidy now to get the bike home for a very reasonable price (surprisingly reasonable compared to a couple of other quotes I received).

Miamovesbikes that @Coog recommended unfortunately isn’t able to confirm when exactly he would have the bike to Cairnryan at this point, and then longer I leave confirming collection with another courier then the longer it’ll be before I get the bike home, whereas Aidy’s schedule sees him lifting the bike on Thursday and home on Friday evening which is awesome.

I’m like the little black currant in the Ribena advert that explodes with excitement 😂

Nicky

RMS Regular
OP
Nicky
Drives
HiluxSurf
True to his word, Aidy collected my bike yesterday. Busting to get it home now. Hope he makes a ferry this afternoon 😬

Lee

RMS Regular
True to his word, Aidy collected my bike yesterday. Busting to get it home now. Hope he makes a ferry this afternoon 😬

Where is this man from or where does the bike get brought to? Give him the cash to bring over? I'm trying to deal for a bike at the minute

RevT

RMS Regular
Where is this man from or where does the bike get brought to? Give him the cash to bring over? I'm trying to deal for a bike at the minute

He’s from Draperstown area near Maghera but he’ll usually be able to leave it close to you. He’ll pick it up and you pay him the cash/bank transfer when it arrives.

Reactions: Lee

Lee

RMS Regular
He’s from Draperstown area near Maghera but he’ll usually be able to leave it close to you. He’ll pick it up and you pay him the cash/bank transfer when it arrives.

Thanks, thats handy!

Nicky

RMS Regular
OP
Nicky
Drives
HiluxSurf
How much did he charge and where did he collect from. .?

£280 from Exeter which is along the south coast.

@Lee he met me in Lurgan as he was dropping a quad off there which was at the back of the van, so when it was out he was able to get my bike out as it was at the front in a chock and well tied down. I was very happy with the service and will use him again if needed 👍

Brian mc21

RMS Regular
Sorted with him a couple of Saturdays ago. Lifted a bike from Norwich on a Thursday and dropped it to me on the Saturday morning. £280 and he seemed like a decent fella too. Would use him again and can recommend him.

Lee

RMS Regular
£280 from Exeter which is along the south coast.

@Lee he met me in Lurgan as he was dropping a quad off there which was at the back of the van, so when it was out he was able to get my bike out as it was at the front in a chock and well tied down. I was very happy with the service and will use him again if needed 👍

I'm from co. Fermanagh so maybe a bit out of the way for him, aw well, dont mind driving up to lift it. I may give him a ring, the deals done

Nicky

RMS Regular
OP
Nicky
Drives
HiluxSurf
I'm from co. Fermanagh so maybe a bit out of the way for him, aw well, dont mind driving up to lift it. I may give him a ring, the deals done

I’m pretty much Newcastle direction, but had he told me he had to go to Dungiven first, I’d have still be there to meet him. I just wanted the new bike and didn’t care where or what time I’d to go, so long as I didn’t have to go through and airport or sit in a ferry to get it back then... lol

If you’re speaking to him, say that Nicky with the Triple Black R1200 recommended him. He seemed very taken with that bike he lifted for me.

Reactions: Lee

Lee

RMS Regular
I’m pretty much Newcastle direction, but had he told me he had to go to Dungiven first, I’d have still be there to meet him. I just wanted the new bike and didn’t care where or what time I’d to go, so long as I didn’t have to go through and airport or sit in a ferry to get it back then... lol

If you’re speaking to him, say that Nicky with the Triple Black R1200 recommended him. He seemed very taken with that bike he lifted for me.

Been talking to him today, civil chap! I will mention you when I see him at the weekend. Looking forward to getting the new steed home 😎

Nicky

RMS Regular
OP
Nicky
Drives
HiluxSurf
Been talking to him today, civil chap! I will mention you when I see him at the weekend. Looking forward to getting the new steed home 😎

What did you go for in the end?

Lee

RMS Regular
What did you go for in the end?

20200801_175134.jpg

Great service from Aidy! I mentioned you and the GS