Motorcycle oil query..

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

r6kyl

RMS Regular
Drives
Tweed hat and sl
Basically my bike takes 10w40 and i have been running it on motul oil i got with it. Thinking of doing another change over summer and just wondering can i use fuchs car oil? I work in a motor factors and have easy and cheap access to this oil but im afraid incase i damage the clutch on the bike, anybody know is it a dry clutch?(1995 cb400 superfour)

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
Sorry never got back to you mate been flat out with work.

Will buzz me dad now n get back to you about both things

mr_s81

RMS Regular
Drives
FozSTI
Yet, it'll be a 'wet' clutch as stated above so using car oil would not be the best idea.

dross432

RMS Regular
Drives
subaru wrx sti,
Nope never use car oil in a bike. I was gona do the same but queried it with the dealer and they explained why you dont ( i cant remember) but itll damage the bikes engine anywho

Kerzo

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon FR
Nope never use car oil in a bike. I was gona do the same but queried it with the dealer and they explained why you dont ( i cant remember) but itll damage the bikes engine anywho

From what I read, car engine oil has more friction reducer additives therefore can result in a 'slippy' clutch.

endofreak

RMS Regular
Drives
Triumph Speed Tr
Could you not order a few bottles of Fuchs motorcycle oil through your place of work?

chrisni1986

RMS Regular
Drives
525 M Sport
car oil contains teflon which will make the bike clutch clip as its intergrated in the engine.. deff no no!

r6kyl

RMS Regular
OP
r6kyl
Drives
Tweed hat and sl
Could you not order a few bottles of Fuchs motorcycle oil through your place of work?
Have tried on the phone but the supplier is full of monkeys saying is there really that much difference, dont think they can get it :worried:
would rather try the like of sm motorcycles n ards and be sure to get the right stuff (y)

Kerzo

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon FR
I got my oil from bikbitsni last time around, they threw in a free oil filter as well - less than £30 so not pocket bursting by any means.

fabiostar

RMS Regular
Drives
oils oil ffs... just use good quaulity car oil of any type. as long as its not fully synth your clutch will be fine.. if used car oils from the late 7os in bikes and not had a problem so far. i couldnt have been that lucky with near 70 bikes lol... different maybe for a race engine but road stuff no worries lad

Hel

RMS Regular
Oil and filter costs 30quid so youll hardly be saving much but risk clutch slip at the same time.. not worth it

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.