Motorcycle Wanted

ALN

RMS Regular
Drives
Clio 182
Hi folks.

Now the hornet is gone I think I regret selling it already so on the lookout for something.

Most keen on Street triple ATM but would also consider the likes of a CBR600rr or even an interesting older bike if it's clean.

aaron_dp

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon
AH Superbikes seem to have a good lot of stock in at the minute, nothing seems to sit with him too long either. Might be worth checking them out?

Reactions: ALN

mikey

RMS Regular
Drives
Celica
Get a test ride on a sportsbike before you commit to one would be my advice. Took a ZX6R out once from McCrums, did a lap of the Tandragee circuit and handed the keys back. After years of Nakeds and supermotos I knew within the first mile the riding position on sports wasn’t for me. Having said that I’ve also rode a 955 Daytona with raised straight bars and it was bearable although I was still raked out a fair bit over the tank. Being 5’8 probably doesn’t help lol.

ALN

RMS Regular
OP
ALN
Drives
Clio 182
Get a test ride on a sportsbike before you commit to one would be my advice. Took a ZX6R out once from McCrums, did a lap of the Tandragee circuit and handed the keys back. After years of Nakeds and supermotos I knew within the first mile the riding position on sports wasn’t for me. Having said that I’ve also rode a 955 Daytona with raised straight bars and it was bearable although I was still raked out a fair bit over the tank. Being 5’8 probably doesn’t help lol.
Yeh it's a much a box ticking exercise as anything. Was hoping there could be some winter bargains about but it's pretty slim picking with most stuff priced strong.

Lee

RMS Regular
You do get used to the sportsbike position... May aswell go for a 1000 for a bit of torque!

• Haha

Lappintyre

RMS Regular
Drives
Model Y / M3
Some jump from a hornet to a litre bike. I started off on a 125, (followed by a 600FS, 600RR) worked up to an 09 Repsol blade, best way to describe it was everything happens VERY quickly... worked backward to a 636 Ninja (600 GSXR, ZX10R - complete animal, never again) in the middle had a K4 750 GSXR - its was definitely the best of the bunch.

Bought a Z900 last year, 1st upright, really enjoyed the 200 mile I did on it before selling on as I just didn't have the time. Wouldn't go back to a sports bike again, but would certainly encourage you to try one out for size.

If I go again it will be a Street Triple RS 765

Reactions: Lee

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
My BMW S1000R is still for sale...................I've had loads of bikes and the S1000R is the only one I've had 2 of, a 2014 original and now my 2017 Gen2.

They've got everything you could want on bike so nothing to do to make them better. I've realised that I have very little interest in bikes now and not enough to justify it sitting in the garage.

If your not sure what you want my advice is to think about what you did and didn't like about the Hornet and then try lots.

BTW I did have a Hornet 900 and its the dullest bike I ever owned in 20 years of bikes

1640286858904.png

ALN

RMS Regular
OP
ALN
Drives
Clio 182
My BMW S1000R is still for sale...................I've had loads of bikes and the S1000R is the only one I've had 2 of, a 2014 original and now my 2017 Gen2.

They've got everything you could want on bike so nothing to do to make them better. I've realised that I have very little interest in bikes now and not enough to justify it sitting in the garage.

If your not sure what you want my advice is to think about what you did and didn't like about the Hornet and then try lots.

BTW I did have a Hornet 900 and its the dullest bike I ever owned in 20 years of bikes

View attachment 344800
I would love something like that but I'd have to be giving bad money for it to justify it tbh. If you're feeling festive and charitable I could make it work though 😜.

The hornet was a great bike for what it was but you're nail on the head with possibly a bit dull for me. I will do my best to try more stuff in the new year as I do need another bike in my life.

Lee

RMS Regular
A Street Triple would be a good shout to be fair. You'd never get bored of it. I have ridden both and there's no comparison imo.

AC

RMS Regular
I’ve had a 2014 STR since 2017 and echo the above, great bikes! Had a CBR600RR for a day and my back and wrists were in bits by the end. Everyone is different though.

I haven’t updated the thread since 2019 but still love it. You wouldn’t be disappointed with one

Lappintyre

RMS Regular
Drives
Model Y / M3
That’s about as cheap as I’ve seen one of those tbf.

Actually have it in my favourites on gumtree

McCrums have one in, not sure on the year or miles but it’s £7800

Reactions: Lee

ALN

RMS Regular
OP
ALN
Drives
Clio 182
That’s about as cheap as I’ve seen one of those tbf.

Actually have it in my favourites on gumtree

McCrums have one in, not sure on the year or miles but it’s £7800
If it was white or black I'd have been all over it probably. It's not badly priced but it's hardly a bargain either IMO unless I'm missing something lol.

Lappintyre

RMS Regular
Drives
Model Y / M3
If it was white or black I'd have been all over it probably. It's not badly priced but it's hardly a bargain either IMO unless I'm missing something lol.

Genuinely don’t think I’ve seen a 765 RS cheaper or even close anywhere.

That matt grey is stunning in the metal

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
If you're mainly after a bargain you'll either buy nothing or buy a bike that you're not that keen on FFS buy a bike you actually want!

Street triple RS is a brilliant wee bike but wee is the key word I test ride one and found I was revving the life out of it in the first 3 gears. I expected more torque.

I'd buy a Speed triple RS, almost did before the S1000R but it was a bit rusty in places and it was a 2018 bike! Must have lived outside all it's days, wouldn't please me so I left it.

ALN

RMS Regular
OP
ALN
Drives
Clio 182
No harm in looking a bit of winter value like lol. I'm not in any rush to buy anything but if something that took my fancy was available at the right price that will make selling it on easy there absolute nothing wrong with that approach. Sure I could end up test riding something and thinking I love it and it would end up stuck with it or lose a fortune on it. I'm not a knowledgeable or experienced enough bike person to chase a purchase like when I bought my m3.

Edit to add. Unfortunately justifying the bike I really really want is impossible but in the future it will happen when the time is right.

Second edit to add. Jesus I just love so much different stuff when I look at it from £1500 classics to £15k modern stuff and beyond 🤣

Captain Starlet

RMS Regular
Drives
S2000
No harm in looking a bit of winter value like lol. I'm not in any rush to buy anything but if something that took my fancy was available at the right price that will make selling it on easy there absolute nothing wrong with that approach. Sure I could end up test riding something and thinking I love it and it would end up stuck with it or lose a fortune on it. I'm not a knowledgeable or experienced enough bike person to chase a purchase like when I bought my m3.

Edit to add. Unfortunately justifying the bike I really really want is impossible but in the future it will happen when the time is right.

Second edit to add. Jesus I just love so much different stuff when I look at it from £1500 classics to £15k modern stuff and beyond 🤣
I find that you nearly over pay in the winter now, the competition from more bikes being for sale in the summer results in them being cheaper. The demand is quite high coming into spring especially between the first road races and Nw200 in May.

If you buy at the cheaper end of the scale around £4k your money will be safe. I have had quite a few 600rr's and 1000rr's and didn't lose much money on any of them.

I pushed the boat out abit and did what @mike150 said and just bought the bike in the spec I wanted. I bought a 2018 s1000rr and its been fantastic, granted I'm losing some money on it but I don't really care when I'm on it.

Its 4 times the price of my 2004 cbr 1000rr, but certainly not 4 times the bike, both equally as fast on the road. The relative simplicity of the older bike is nice too, easy to work on yourself and no rider aids or help, just you and the bike.

Post up what you have your eye on and I'm sure the members more clued up will keep you right. In my experience you can't really go too wrong compared to cars, bikes are generally better looked after.

Have you considered a supermoto?