Motorcycle Wanted

ALN

RMS Regular
OP
ALN
Drives
Clio 182
You can't leave us hanging like that 😂
Lol I'd left a clue in TIB but here you go.
IMG_20211230_153120.jpg

ALN

RMS Regular
OP
ALN
Drives
Clio 182
Amazing, you will have good fun on that. I have been so tempted to get one, but at 6ft5 I make a fireblade look like a monkey bike.

Have you any plans for it, they sound well with a pipe?
Yes. Would like to put a Yoshi exhaust on though prices are steep for what it is.

It's a bit of fun for me and my youngest lad as he really enjoys helping with stuff and we can tinker at this together the way we did the hornet. Getting all sentimental in my old age lol

mikey

RMS Regular
Drives
Celica
That's it mate and I've a worthwhile performance experiment I want to use it for lol
Tip from someone who’s done it and scratched the head, any gearing change will cause the ABS to fault on her, due to the fact it only has one sensor on the front wheel and reads road speed off the countershaft. When these don’t match it takes a meltdown lol.
Edit: Also remove and copper grease your front and rear wheel spindles and periodically WD40 and rotate your chain adjuster bolts going into the swingarm as they like to seize and sheer. Also oil up the underside of your front and rear mudguard as they get cosmetically crusty. Been there, done that 😥

Last edited:

ALN

RMS Regular
OP
ALN
Drives
Clio 182
Tip from someone who’s done it and scratched the head, any gearing change will cause the ABS to fault on her, due to the fact it only has one sensor on the front wheel and reads road speed off the countershaft. When these don’t match it takes a meltdown lol.
Edit: Also remove and copper grease your front and rear wheel spindles and periodically WD40 and rotate your chain adjuster bolts going into the swingarm as they like to seize and sheer. Also oil up the underside of your front and rear mudguard as they get cosmetically crusty. Been there, done that 😥
Lol I'll be experimenting with power to weight really. Simple thing to improve performance 😉. Only a bit of craic.

I'll bear the other in mind during maintenance. I was also thinking of adding a coating to the underside of the mudguards actually as had seen these go crusty though I don't plan to be out in the wet it's easy to get caught out.

mikey

RMS Regular
Drives
Celica
Lol I'll be experimenting with power to weight really. Simple thing to improve performance 😉. Only a bit of craic.
This is how it starts. Only a bit of craic. I told myself I was keeping mine stock and well….it ended up with the engine in bits numerous times with different big bores and cams and throttle bodies and injectors and…..😥
Proper fun though. Ripping about the back lanes in an open face helmet and T shirt made me feel 17 again and she sat on the limiter once the whole way between Newcastle and Annalong with 83mph on the speedo 😂 Admittedly the wind was on my back that day. The highest I saw with the longer gearing was 87 coming down the hollow on the Banbridge side into Waringstown. Not wise.
Enjoy!

Reactions: Ben

ALN

RMS Regular
OP
ALN
Drives
Clio 182
This is how it starts. Only a bit of craic. I told myself I was keeping mine stock and well….it ended up with the engine in bits numerous times with different big bores and cams and throttle bodies and injectors and…..😥
Proper fun though. Ripping about the back lanes in an open face helmet and T shirt made me feel 17 again and she sat on the limiter once the whole way between Newcastle and Annalong with 83mph on the speedo 😂 Admittedly the wind was on my back that day. The highest I saw with the longer gearing was 87 coming down the hollow on the Banbridge side into Waringstown. Not wise.
Enjoy!
Well I may delve into a few bits at some point but I likely won't have that sort of time to do too much though it's hard not to be tempted. I have been looking at exhausts and a few wee minor things which should do well for now.

The young lad is now interested to get onto a bike if anyone has any advice as I'm not sure where to begin or even where you could go ideally near Craigavon/Banbridge?
He's 7 but fairly small

fabiostar

RMS Regular
Drives
spend 4 to 5k on a yamaha mt09. complete hoot of a thing and they are bombproof, will do anything well. they can be a hooligan of a thing if you grab them by the neck.. i know some might say you need the mt10 or other such missile but lets be honest on modern roads and for a normal rider its complete bollox to think you will ring the neck outa a modern missile..

just try lots of stuff before you buy

migs

RMS Regular
I see you've bought a bike but I'm taking this 2018 CB650f as part exchange for my S1000R. 6100 miles and it's probably gonna be £4700/£4800. I see a 2017 on gumtree with 17k miles at £5495 so this can't be far away...

4AFC6927-1F98-49DF-94BF-F42B9ACDF1DE.jpeg

Captain Starlet

RMS Regular
Drives
S2000
Last edited:
Reactions: ALN

ALN

RMS Regular
OP
ALN
Drives