Motorcycle Wheel Chocks

EF Ian

RMS Regular
Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
I am looking for a decent quality wheel chock. For use in my garage but also has to be able to be bolted to my trailer when I have to transport my bikes.

A lot are poorly made and/or get bad reviews.

This one looks ok, but it lacks the option to bolt it down.

51N8Av1ErfL._AC_.jpg

Amazon product ASIN B01N0XZJXY

Can anyone recommend a good one?

RoniN

RMS Regular
Easy made with scrap pieces of metal and a welder.
Make one, small project to practice welding.

Cheers

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
Bumpstop was the brand I always saw mentioned as being the best, made in UK, used by Henry Cole, etc. but I think there are plenty of copies out there now.

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
The one I have is very similar to that Constand one but has the holes drilled through it for bolting to the floor. To be fair when i had the bike in the back of the Sprinter, once it was strapped down the stand doesn't really move. I used a few self tappers down through the van floor though just in case :laughing:

EF Ian

RMS Regular
OP
EF Ian
Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
Easy made with scrap pieces of metal and a welder.
Make one, small project to practice welding.
Good idea for the future, but at the moment I lack the equipment to nicely bend the cup for the tyres. And I seem to have a distinct lack of time

Bumpstop was the brand I always saw mentioned as being the best, made in UK, used by Henry Cole, etc. but I think there are plenty of copies out there now.
Had a look, they seem good, pricy, but if the cheaper ones are poor quality then I'd happily pay extra for something well made.

Have you looked at the chocks on 24 mx. It looks like it could be easily modified to bolt it down.
This one seems decent, I'd just have to add extra side brackets.

The one I have is very similar to that Constand one but has the holes drilled through it for bolting to the floor.
It wouldn't be too hard for me to add brackets to that one if I got it.

McKillops in Dervock were selling them.Picked one up last year and can't complain about the quality.
Might take a run out, not too far for me.