Mot's For £100 Guaranteed

gaurenteed mot for £100

• Total voters
Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Ge0rge

Banned
normally i like a bargain etc but after being offered a gaurenteed pass on my mot for £100 im slightly pissed off, ive put quite a few cars through and iv failed on some very little silly things in my time but then if you bung someone £100 it will pass, it seems there is a rogue tester in one of the test centres i wont mention which one just now

its not just some silly gumtree thing either its messages from someone on another "forum" and it seems its not just a wind up i see messages thanking him etc for the mot, seems he does a line in fake tax discs too, where do you stand? would you keep quiet and pay £100 on top of your £30 booking fee as your pretty certain your car is in tip top nick but you cant be bothered with the hassle if it fails or do you report it? there s a poll.

here is the messages sent back and forth from the middle man....

me : hi mate i buy and sell the odd runabout how does this work?
him: ya book yer test 4 XXXXXXX then ill meat u at XXXXX my mate ill take it thru n come back with the cert n back hand him 100 quid
me: that sounds spot on, would it work for a transit?
him: transits r the only thing he wont take a risk wif as the rot like any car no problem and theres tax discs there too if ur trading u jus bak the tax b4 u acquired the vehicle as i do the same asurself trading on the side, gaves a call this internet too dodgey 07XXXXXXXXX

Hammath

RMS Regular
Drives
Sc3n3 Civic.
This has been happening for years. Not really a big deal.

Plus its £60 up the country.

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4
Been going on for years with few testers, mate of mine has put a few cars through this way though only because of emissions, nothing else. Wasn't as dear as that tho.

Ge0rge

Banned
OP
Ge0rge
so passing a car thats not road worthy isnt a big deal? Im not taking the moral high ground with being a bit of a del boy myself just a bit pissed that a tester may let a heap of dung through for a back hander then fail me for a fog light switch not lighting up like my last mot

bigsigh

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M2
Im actually surprised at the RMS attitudes here , i wasnt aware this happened at all actually,
whos to say its £100 for a foglight not working, or slightly high emissions? in somecases yes ,
but here mate ill fix the balljoints in a week or two, heres a £100.... or
just stick her through with the rusty hardlines, ill get them done when my pay comes in, heres a £100 .....

(n) not for me thanks

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4
Im actually surprised at the RMS attitudes here , i wasnt aware this happened at all actually,
whos to say its £100 for a foglight not working, or slightly high emissions? in somecases yes ,
but here mate ill fix the balljoints in a week or two, heres a £100.... or
just stick her through with the rusty hardlines, ill get them done when my pay comes in, heres a £100 .....

(n) not for me thanks

I agree. But in the case I was talking about the car was put through first and failed only on emissions (its tuned) so was no harm done imo.

bigsigh

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M2
100% no harm done, the car will be no less safe putting out 1% more CO2, etc.

thing is if hes happy to do it he prob doesn't give a thrupney what he puts through IYSWIM

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
Maybe he's planning on putting this money to good use with english lessons.... :confounded:

But yeah been going on a brave few years. Used to be £100 for GB MOT's about 5/6 years ago last i heard but ones here were about the £50/60 but not as easy to get.

Dont know how anyone could let a proper scrapper go through for obvious reasons, but some folk dont have any morals i suppose.

Karlos Da Jackle

RMS Regular
Drives
PUG 306+GSI CARL
i'm agreed that there isn't a massive outroar about this. Especially with our holier than god members.

He needs shopped and stopped. I didn't know that kind of thing happened.

I can't understand for wee silly things, like Fog light not working, or airbag ligh on, or windscreen washer just rang out of water, or emissions. But yeah the safety of the car, is important, it could be a death trap he is putting on the road.

Agreed there are anal MOT testers out there, that can't wait to fail the car for the slightest indescression. But having one, just putting anything through is bad.

If he was to give them slides on minor thing, like saying here that rear tyre is bald, go change it, fair enough. But not just for anything.

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
If he does fake tax discs, he probably does fake MOT certs too. It wouldn't surprise me if he drives your car to his house, rattles off an MOT cert, comes back and takes your £100 - and never goes near the MOT centre.

Ge0rge

Banned
OP
Ge0rge
If he does fake tax discs, he probably does fake MOT certs too. It wouldn't surprise me if he drives your car to his house, rattles off an MOT cert, comes back and takes your £100 - and never goes near the MOT centre.
never thought of that, could well be true.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.