Mould on alcantara

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Rob

RMS Regular
Drives
Amarok V6
My Momo steering wheel has some mould from being stored in a damp garage, what’s the best way to bring it back to new? The wheel itself is almost brand new, would a brush be good enough or would it need wetter with some sort of detergent?

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
Alcantara cleaner and believe it or not an electric razor work miracles on these, brought the wheel on my Csl up like new when I had it

KeithRobinson

RMS Regular
Drives
911Turbo
A damp cloth will work, hairdryer on low heat to dry it.

I use makeup remover on the cayman wheel, then a wet cloth to rinse, then a damp cloth, then drier - like new!!

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
Yup have cleaned the boot build numerous times over the years with warm soapy water and damp cloth... always dries and comes up a treat

300trophy

RMS Regular
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
I just use some Auto Finesse Total and a clean microfibre on my steering wheel.

I find the key is to not completely soak the steering wheel, just a light mist of product should be enough.

Rob

RMS Regular
OP
Rob
Drives
Amarok V6
Well in the end up it just came off by itself from handling the wheel. Gave it a quick rub with a stiff brush too just to be sure.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.