MT09 - Tracer

Chris666

RMS Regular
OP
Chris666
Drives
Often
The man I bought my Triumph off has replaced it with one of these. The colour scheme on yours breaks it up nicely and it has a nice side profile
If it wasn't red it would have been this.. The all black like Warren's is nice but the gold forks on red just looked sweet

media.jpg

warren

RMS Photographer
If it wasn't red it would have been this.. The all black like Warren's is nice but the gold forks on red just looked sweet

View attachment 204862

Haddnt actually noticed how much mine looks all black in photos, its actually matt grey/silver and black. All the red on yours is grey on mine!

Also just realised how strange it looks to me with the red and green being a gloss finish! My whole bike is matt lol

Last edited:

Chris666

RMS Regular
OP
Chris666
Drives
Often
Wait until they're parked up beside each other :laughing:

Current mod list.

Black widow 300mm oval stainless system (delivered later today)
SHAD topbox + base (delivered later today)

SHAD 3p panniers and mounting system (posted today from IOM)
Ebay special 1/2 tail tidy (keeps the stock frame but bins the bulky indicator/plate bracket. Hopefully won't foul panniers)

Bike -

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Chris666

RMS Regular
OP
Chris666
Drives
Often
Not a clue lol last mod(panniers) is here today

Last edited:

Chris666

RMS Regular
OP
Chris666
Drives
Often
They didn’t tell you when the bike is ready? How peculiar lol
I told them there was no panic, but they could have at least confirmed the funds were received.

Email sent yesterday asking so I really should have a response hours ago..

Chris666

RMS Regular
OP
Chris666
Drives
Often
Collecting tomorrow morning, long way home then get stuck into the Jack Daniels/exhaust swap/pannier and garmin fitting :grinning:

Yamaha geniuses put 2 2a aux power outputs in the front end for such a thing, just need the male female connectors to arrive.

Last edited:

Chris666

RMS Regular
OP
Chris666
Drives
Often
Like the new machine. That dealer personal attention can be lacking at times.. enjoy. Not too much jack daniels now. Keep it for tmara morning. Rain forecast. Have fun
I found that out! Couldnt have been more helpful today though

Chris666

RMS Regular
OP
Chris666
Drives
Often
Video to come :laughing: can't touch it yet, my joiner has let me down so I've nowhere to put it/take it apart

Chris666

RMS Regular
OP
Chris666
Drives
Often
Big tarp here if needs be, it's early yet he might make it.

I helped him make the new door so that's not an issue :mad:

Chris666

RMS Regular
OP
Chris666
Drives
Often
I took a huff and got the hammer and drill out. This was a 32in gap the SV just wiggled through but joiner mate sorted his life out and now it's a 40in gap with a lovely new door

DSC_0023.JPG

In the process of mod one (half tail tidy) I noticed that O/S indicator very dim and N/S threaded portion parted company with the body. It's back together in "it'll do for now" fashion. Once I get new indicators that aren't **** I'm going to tidy up the wiring and take out all the japanese bullets for a neater soldered joints with the stock yamaha plugs. It's on though and it's much tidier looking than the stock lump, that plate light is really bright! I'll also replace the plate at some point, that spare hole would annoy me...

DSC_0026 (1).JPG

Last edited:

warren

RMS Photographer
My Tracer came with the OEM Yamaha LED indicators, they are appallingly expensive, £99 a pair, fronts are DRLs with indicators, rears brake lights and indicators. But if they broke I would certainly buy another set, most impressive indicators I’ve ever seen in 11 years of motorcycling by a long way! Definitely worth considering if you have money burning a hole in your pocket!

Also stellar work on the shed! Looks like plenty of space for both now to be fair!