MT09 - Tracer

Chris666

RMS Regular
OP
Chris666
Drives
Often
I'll bet these are chinas finest from aliexpress or somewhere :joy: Someones went to the effort though as the flash rate is perfect (they're not LED as stock right?

Already been offered a reasonable sum for the SV, no commute now so as much as I want to keep it,, £ talks :laughing:

Chris666

RMS Regular
OP
Chris666
Drives
Often
These rails could have been the next best thing to BMW Vario panniers but alas they still require additional expensive metalwork 8o|

DSC_0025.JPG

Full SHAD 3P system installed (took a bit of fiddling) but it's far neater than Kappa/GIVI imo

DSC_0026.JPG

Only brought one pannier out due to space, but use your imagination for the other side :p Topbox and panniers are different keys for now, changing 3 barrels is a job for another day.

DSC_0028.JPG

Waiting on Yamaha OEM auxiliary power socket connectors then I can fit me Garmin Zumo, exhaust swap when I get time (probably friday)

Thunderace

RMS Regular
Drives
z1000sx
These rails could have been the next best thing to BMW Vario panniers but alas they still require additional expensive metalwork 8o|

View attachment 206285

Full SHAD 3P system installed (took a bit of fiddling) but it's far neater than Kappa/GIVI imo

View attachment 206286

Only brought one pannier out due to space, but use your imagination for the other side :p Topbox and panniers are different keys for now, changing 3 barrels is a job for another day.

View attachment 206287

Waiting on Yamaha OEM auxiliary power socket connectors then I can fit me Garmin Zumo, exhaust swap when I get time (probably friday)
You are going well mate. Keep up the good work. Like the new door by the way

View attachment 206285

View attachment 206286

View attachment 206287

you are going well. Bike looks great. I like your new door. Just fitted in time

Chris666

RMS Regular
OP
Chris666
Drives
Often
Important jobs done this afternoon ;)

Aux power connectors arrived so off comes half of the front end to get into this little bundle of connectors behind the screen. The white connector is already used for the standard 12v socket Yamaha very thoughtfully included, the black one is a spare aux and the other two boyos are for the front fog/aux light kit.

Multimeter out - ignition on - find 12v live - crimp connectors - test

DSC_0022.JPG

DSC_0021.JPG

Next up: The noise :joy::joy::joy::joy: My mother(a total savage) tells me, " thon things not as noisy as your other bike" Cue the rage 8o|:joy:

Stock POS came off easily enough on my own, I took the end shroud off and was able to curse/nurse the system off quite neatly. Put the Black Widow system together and pasted up the joints. Had to get a little assistance when bolting the end can strap on but apart from that the whole fitting went smooth. I even lightly greased the gaskets to hold them in place ;)

That's largely it until I fix the chinese indicators, possibly add Yamaha factory fit heated grips as they integrate with the dash for heat control etc

Last edited:

Chris666

RMS Regular
OP
Chris666
Drives
Often
Saving that for tomorrow morning, kids are up for school anyway right? :laughing:

I also noticed the previous owner fitted an R&G rad guard so that's a result (y)

Last edited:

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
Exhaust is lovely but look at that tyre! Go find some corners man.

Chris666

RMS Regular
OP
Chris666
Drives
Often
Similar to the MT07 and Tracer 700 I was finding the span of the clutch lever uncomfortable on the big girl (forgot I'd ordered these until a red card came in the door) so on go a pair of Bad Dog (never fookin heard of them either!) adjustable levers, obvs in red!

DSC_0038.JPG

DSC_0035.JPG

And the cheap chinese indicators are gone from the rear + wiring tidied up, bad angle but the indicator body is JUST proud of the plate. I got a pair for the front which I'll swap over when fitting the heated grips

DSC_0044 (1).JPG

Thunderace

RMS Regular
Drives
z1000sx
Your bike looking really well. I got nice surprise today in post as well. New berik jacket and gloves.kwak green of course..

Chris666

RMS Regular
OP
Chris666
Drives
Often
Cheers (y) Although heavily prompted by Warren, I definitely made the right decision buying the 9 over the 7 ;)

warren

RMS Photographer
Levers look well, I didn’t buy the ones on mine but I suspect they are cheap and cheerful too! They do seem fairly solid though!

Does it not have heated grips standard? I didn’t know mine had them, was only a passing comment by the salesman when I picked it up! The function/menu button on the left hand bar swaps between the grips and letting you change screens

Chris666

RMS Regular
OP
Chris666
Drives
Often
Nope they're an extra :worried: but they're a neat job fitted and factory wiring/integration looks great. Could have done with them this morning, temps dropped noticeably the past few weeks

Thunderace

RMS Regular
Drives
z1000sx
Hi polo. Yeah you made the right choice. 09 tracer good bike. My eldest son has a 07 tracer and is never away from hursts with numerous faults

warren

RMS Photographer
Oh happy days, that’s exactly what you want! How you finding it after owning it for a while?

Chris666

RMS Regular
OP
Chris666
Drives
Often
Really happy with it, just need a chance(and weather) to bang in a proper day out. Have only been out a couple times since starting at Caterpillar.

I suspect a few mods still to come over time :grinning:

warren

RMS Photographer
Excellent, I do think those bikes are just a perfect blend of everything, I still love mine to bits even after about 1.5 years now. The R1 has literally become an ornament!

Ah happy days that must not be too far from your house, I used to walk to work too before I moved out, it’s hard to beat!

A lot of people aren’t too fond of the seat, myself included, you do get a sore bum after a while still lol

Tho I’ll take that over the sore back, wrists, neck, bum and feet I’d have previously got on the R1 :laughing:

Chris666

RMS Regular
OP
Chris666
Drives
Often
Just over a mile from Antiville, all in I've been walking 40+ miles a week lol