MT09SP

ST Colin

RMS Regular
Drives
Czech Wagon
Well it's been ages since I posted on here. The Trident has gone, sold it back to a dealer. Almost had it 2 years. It was a brilliant bike, from cruising about, b-road blasts, and even my first trackday at Pembrey. Always knew I would change after 2/3 years and found a great deal on a 2022 MT09SP brand new. Couldn't resist and here she is. Only about 200 miles on it so far. Roll on spring and a few more trackdays. Hoping to get back home this year on it and ride all the roads I've never biked on.

Standard bike with OEM flyscreen, Evotech rad guard and Evotech bobbins. Nothing else planned. Sounds fantastic with the stock exhaust.

My Yamaha MT09SP by colinsphotos26, on Flickr

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
They’re a cracking wee bike. I’d 1 bought last year and ended up kicking on it after paying the deposit for a bike that was in stock, only to be told it’d be 4+ months before I’d get 1.

Will definitely be keeping an eye on the prices of them as I really enjoyed the run I had on Hurst’s demo bike.

ST Colin

RMS Regular
OP
ST Colin
Drives
Czech Wagon
That's a shame @Nicky

I had to try twice at my local dealer here to get a demo ride. I was also really lucky they had 2 x 2022 bikes brand new at £10k. Think the cheapest I can see them now is £10.5k, but most are back up to the list price now. My dealer said they wont get anymore SP's until the summer this year.

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
That's a shame @Nicky

I had to try twice at my local dealer here to get a demo ride. I was also really lucky they had 2 x 2022 bikes brand new at £10k. Think the cheapest I can see them now is £10.5k, but most are back up to the list price now. My dealer said they wont get anymore SP's until the summer this year.
It was end of May last year and Hursts were chatting January this year for 1. Wigan Yamaha told me they had 2 in stock, so I paid the money and started chatting about getting it delivered instead of me flying over for it as I was due to go away to France on the GS. Turns out they hadn’t any to actually sell and we’re just taking deposits to secure what stock Yamaha were bringing in for possible September/October delivery, so I said nope… Arranged to by an S1000R instead and between the finance application on the MT09 going through and me then applying a week later for another bike, the whole thing ended up confused between dealers and the finance company (both of the dealers were using MotoNovo who then assumed I was trying to buy 2 bikes at once because Wigan Yamaha never cancelled the initial application 🤦‍♂️)and I was left without another bike… Kunts… 😂

ST Colin

RMS Regular
OP
ST Colin
Drives
Czech Wagon
That sounds like it went pear shaped for you. Funnily enough it was Wigan Yamaha who I sold the Trident too. The original Triumph dealer offered less than them.

Yea, lots of ads aren't clear on if they actually have stock or not. I bought mine from Paddock Motorcycles in Congleton, about 30 minutes south of Manchester.

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
Very capable bike for all types of riding. A mate had one for a year but then swapped it for the MT10.

£10k gets you very little on a bike now. I paid £10k for my 2017 Monster just before Christmas from Millsport and that was the cheapest I could find here or across the water.

dh1079

RMS Regular
Drives
loads
Looks great, get a great review, bit of a handling along the way, glad you got what you wanted in the end. HTR

ST Colin

RMS Regular
OP
ST Colin
Drives
Czech Wagon
Forgot to update this. Been a mixed summer, the weather has been mostly dung, so didn't do the miles I wanted. However, I'm loving the bike. No issues, apart from those soft S22's needing to be replaced soon. Added a few new bits, shorter OEM tail tidy, tank pads, and the brake lever guard for the track.

Managed 2 trackdays, one at Oulton and then at Pembrey in south Wales. Oulton was amazing, such a great track.

Shame I wont get back home this year, hopefully next year I can get it done. Here's a photo from Oulton Park. Looking to do Donington next, but probably need to wait until next year now.

Untitled by colinsphotos26, on Flickr

Here's the bike as it stands now

My MT09SP by colinsphotos26, on Flickr