Multi-car policies

Lee

RMS Regular
Can anyone suggest good places for a multicar policy?

Greenlight won't quote me and Admiral are asking more than I am willing to pay. I'm 26 with 7 yrs no claims and a clean driving license.

The two cars are a Jap import Impreza STI and Mk4 Golf GTTDI 130.

Thanks.

B6GUE

RMS Regular
Drives
MK1 FRS
Try open and direct, I was with them last year and renewed again last week (2 cars)

Lee

RMS Regular
OP
Lee
Done an online quote there with Open and Direct and they wanted £4700 for just the Scooby, doing up to 3k a year :joy: didnt give me a chance to enter mods or security either.

Lee

RMS Regular
OP
Lee
I have a multi car policy with Aviva

I spent a while on the phone to Aviva there after seeing your comment and they have given me a more reasonable price to cover both cars - will possibly go with that if I don't happen upon a better quote in the meantime!

RevT

RMS Regular
I needed a multi-car policy but after checking with alot of insurers I have ended up getting a motor trade type policy instead to cover me for my vehicles plus whatever else I end up with. The policy I ended up with came in under what most multi-car policies were.

Lee

RMS Regular
OP
Lee
I needed a multi-car policy but after checking with alot of insurers I have ended up getting a motor trade type policy instead to cover me for my vehicles plus whatever else I end up with. The policy I ended up with came in under what most multi-car policies were.

That sounds like the job. But do you not have to have a business to get a trade type policy?

scoob qualify for classic?

Frig I never even thought to bring that up. Shes 20 years old. Would they bring it up if it was relevant to the car or would it be up to me to query it?

RevT

RMS Regular
That sounds like the job. But do you not have to have a business to get a trade type policy?

No, you can actually let them know that you are interested in cars and would change quite often so you could be classed as a part time 'trader' as such.

They supplied a policy that covers me for SDP, commuting and then anything linked with motor trade too.

pablo

RMS Moderator
Frig I never even thought to bring that up. Shes 20 years old. Would they bring it up if it was relevant to the car or would it be up to me to query it?

You'd have to ask for a classic policy but it would be two separate policies. Can use different companies etc.

Autoline in coleraine are good i think

Lee

RMS Regular
OP
Lee
You'd have to ask for a classic policy but it would be two separate policies. Can use different companies etc.

Ah right. And mirror your no claims onto the 2nd policy then I take it. May well look into that too thanks.

Lee

RMS Regular
OP
Lee
No, you can actually let them know that you are interested in cars and would change quite often so you could be classed as a part time 'trader' as such.

They supplied a policy that covers me for SDP, commuting and then anything linked with motor trade too.

That would definately be ideal. Always hear of people wanting policies like that and not being able to get them for under £2k. What company did you take that out with? Are your details similar to mine? (Age, NCB, clean license).

VEN©M

RMS Regular
Drives
2011 Camaro SS
Admiral for me. no issues at all and got them to go cheaper than last year at time of renewal just by calling them up.

Lee

RMS Regular
OP
Lee
Admiral for me. no issues at all and got them to go cheaper than last year at time of renewal just by calling them up.

Sounds good at your end. Unfortunately they are considerably more expensive than Aviva for me. Admittedly I didn't ring Admiral but all details were accurately entered online with no grey areas so didn't bother following it up with a call.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Have a modified classic policy on a JDM import Eunos with Flux.

Worth a shout.

mk2driver

RMS Regular
Drives
Impreza Type RA
Sounds good at your end. Unfortunately they are considerably more expensive than Aviva for me. Admittedly I didn't ring Admiral but all details were accurately entered online with no grey areas so didn't bother following it up with a call.

I was with Admiral for about £650 for me and my then girlfriend for a Fiesta and Corsa. I had no NCB (always been on a traders policy), she had 8 years, no accidents points etc.

Renewal time came - Admiral £900ish. Rang them and hit them down to £750ish.

Aviva came in at £510 for the same cover level. Rang Admiral and they couldn't match it.

Alongside that I find Aviva website great for making changes (I changed the car this year to a Focus and did it all online with no charges at all)

VEN©M

RMS Regular
Drives
2011 Camaro SS
money supermarket and a few of the other search sites routinely return admiral in the top 3 for me on individual cars. they got me £1210 for 3 cars on a multicar, thats with a V8 import, seat Ibiza and a Fiat 500x, and a wife on an international license (no UK license at all, not even a learners) and now with a whopping 1 year NCB. sometimes insurance co's can be bizarre and something like postcode can make all the difference.

wings

RMS Regular
Drives
MK 6 GTi

I done the same, there renewal letter came and was dearer so i called them and just like that they drop the price to less then what i paid last year and lower then anything on compare the market.

VEN©M

RMS Regular
Drives
2011 Camaro SS
I done the same, there renewal letter came and was dearer so i called them and just like that they drop the price to less then what i paid last year and lower then anything on compare the market.

Free money!

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom

I just insured my new R34 on a classic policy for 250 quid with Autoline. Was surprised. I was near away buying another trade policy

Reactions: Ben

Simon998

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini
Riddle me this. I'm just off the phone with Admiral. I was flicking through my policy and noticed it was down as 'parked on the street'. I rang them up, explained that it's in a locked, alarmed garage and my policy went UP BY £37!