Muriwai White McLaren 570S Spider

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

WSM

RMS Regular
OP
WSM
Drives
R8
Stunning Warren, all of your cars on here have been amazing and I've enjoyed reading your ownership threads since the M4. This however is another level, just looks so much more special than the R8. Hopefully get a chance to see it at some meets in 2019.
Thanks dude. I have to say changing from the R8 was a difficult one. It's such a fantastic car.
Went past me and the wife in holywood yesterday morning, even she commented on how nice the colour is! Which should be considered the highest compliment of all lol :joy:
That's nice to know. The colour really is brilliant in real life.

lee2050

RMS Regular
Drives
Cayenne
Saw this last night parked horrendously in Dundonald! How you ever got 2 spaces there side by side is as impressive as the car itself. Looks great.

Drove one of these along with an R8, 488, Vanquish S etc in September at a track day and it's hands down the most impressive thing I've driven (y)

Reactions: WSM

-herc-

RMS Regular
Spotted this yesterday in Holywood.. you were waiting for the Wife to pull out so you could take our space :p

We were in the Q5. (test driving it ATM as we are thinking about getting rid of the RS Q3 due to size..

Beautiful car pal... and sounded amazing

WSM

RMS Regular
OP
WSM
Drives
R8
@lee2050 you'll find me poorly parked everywhere. EVERYWHERE.

@-herc- I was going up and down trying to get a space there ffs lol :grinning: thanks !:grinning:

cbr600

RMS Regular
Drives
Golf R
@WSM Saw you driving through Ards earlier, impressive looking machine and sounds the part!! Could do with a wash though!

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
Think I saw you on the movilla road tonight, I can’t imagine there are many other 570s about to mix you up with.

WSM

RMS Regular
OP
WSM
Drives
R8
Saw you 3 times today @WSM, you’re fairly getting about in it! Looks unbelievable!
That’s what it’s for mate..... driving! :grinning:
Think I saw you on the movilla road tonight, I can’t imagine there are many other 570s about to mix you up with.
Hah yeah that would have been me. My Mum is up that direction.
Can't believe the volvo beat you to stranmillis today :p lol

Good chating to you bud (y)
Hope the appointment went OK mate! That Volvo is a class colour. :grinning:

mayweather

RMS Regular
Drives
M3 Evolution
That’s what it’s for mate..... driving! :grinning:

Hope your wafting about the Belfast, city centre this weekend. I’ll be out and about all weekend, would love to see this yoke in the flesh. Colour looks outstanding.

Is it a handful in the wet?

WSM

RMS Regular
OP
WSM
Drives
R8
Hope your wafting about the Belfast, city centre this weekend. I’ll be out and about all weekend, would love to see this yoke in the flesh. Colour looks outstanding.

Is it a handful in the wet?
I’m sure it’ll be about :grinning: it’s a handful in the dry lol so some craic in greasy roads as well!

WSM

RMS Regular
OP
WSM
Drives
R8
So I’ve had this car about 10 days now. What a car... I mean that in so many ways.

The question I’ve been asked by nearly everyone is “is it faster than the R8?”

That’s almost quickly followed by “Yes...” and then a moment where you reflect on the R8 speed and quickly say “but...” whilst the Maccy is faster it’s certainly not fair to say it’s night and day over the R8. When the Maccy hits boost its an occasion. Such a fun fun occasion. R8 was a little more “controlled” in its power delivery but long story short I certainly feel it’s faster than the R8.

That question has nearly always been followed by “is it better than the R8?”

So this is the most subjective of matters and people will differ but my own experience is that the Maccy is a much better car in terms of driving. It’s a “more supercary car” than the R8 also. I mean... the doors!! :grinning: the actual driving experience is better also. The driving position is better. The turn in is better. The steering is better. The power delivery is fun and makes you pay attention and makes you feel a lot more engaged. The steering... yes again... the steering is sublime. It’s so direct and connected feeling. You feel every small tweak on the road, the camber, the slightest little bump... but not uncomfortably so. The suspension sucks things up in its stride and moving from sedate cruising to flat out wildness is easily achievable. The R8 was probably more comfortable but it also wasn’t anywhere near the experience.

Answering if it’s better is always hard and I think that there are different points. The Quattro element of the R8 makes it a much “safer” car certainly in terms of daily driving. There is no real argument that grip is always good but the Maccy doesn’t struggle as much as people maybe think and once it gets grip its fantastic.

Entertainment system in the Maccy is a bit ****. The screen and dash etc is nice. It’s not up to R8 standards. The IRIS is a little slower for sure. Couple of wee weird annoying things like you have to select your media every time you get into the car. It doesn’t automatically play from your phone over Bluetooth for example — or I am doing something stupid maybe but it seems you have to click a few clicks to make it happen. Album art from Spotify doesn’t appear. Like I said it’s little stupid things.

I think if I had to pick a “regret” or two about the McLaren it’s probably that I didn’t drive one sooner. They’re sublime.

There are very few qualities I dislike about the McLaren. I think it’s an utterly fantastic car. The entertainment is a little poor as I mentioned. The biggest quality I miss from the R8 is the noise — it was ALWAYS going to be missed going from a V10NA to a Turbod V8 so I wasn’t under any illusion.

It gets more attention than the R8. That’s probably a rarity factor though especially in Northern Ireland. I’ve heard several people think it’s a P1 :grinning:

I appreciate it’s not within reach of everyone and I am very lucky to own one but I thought I would just throw down a few thoughts about it all!

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
So I’ve had this car about 10 days now. What a car... I mean that in so many ways.

The question I’ve been asked by nearly everyone is “is it faster than the R8?”

That’s almost quickly followed by “Yes...” and then a moment where you reflect on the R8 speed and quickly say “but...” whilst the Maccy is faster it’s certainly not fair to say it’s night and day over the R8. When the Maccy hits boost its an occasion. Such a fun fun occasion. R8 was a little more “controlled” in its power delivery but long story short I certainly feel it’s faster than the R8.

That question has nearly always been followed by “is it better than the R8?”

So this is the most subjective of matters and people will differ but my own experience is that the Maccy is a much better car in terms of driving. It’s a “more supercary car” than the R8 also. I mean... the doors!! :grinning: the actual driving experience is better also. The driving position is better. The turn in is better. The steering is better. The power delivery is fun and makes you pay attention and makes you feel a lot more engaged. The steering... yes again... the steering is sublime. It’s so direct and connected feeling. You feel every small tweak on the road, the camber, the slightest little bump... but not uncomfortably so. The suspension sucks things up in its stride and moving from sedate cruising to flat out wildness is easily achievable. The R8 was probably more comfortable but it also wasn’t anywhere near the experience.

Answering if it’s better is always hard and I think that there are different points. The Quattro element of the R8 makes it a much “safer” car certainly in terms of daily driving. There is no real argument that grip is always good but the Maccy doesn’t struggle as much as people maybe think and once it gets grip its fantastic.

Entertainment system in the Maccy is a bit ****. The screen and dash etc is nice. It’s not up to R8 standards. The IRIS is a little slower for sure. Couple of wee weird annoying things like you have to select your media every time you get into the car. It doesn’t automatically play from your phone over Bluetooth for example — or I am doing something stupid maybe but it seems you have to click a few clicks to make it happen. Album art from Spotify doesn’t appear. Like I said it’s little stupid things.

I think if I had to pick a “regret” or two about the McLaren it’s probably that I didn’t drive one sooner. They’re sublime.

There are very few qualities I dislike about the McLaren. I think it’s an utterly fantastic car. The entertainment is a little poor as I mentioned. The biggest quality I miss from the R8 is the noise — it was ALWAYS going to be missed going from a V10NA to a Turbod V8 so I wasn’t under any illusion.

It gets more attention than the R8. That’s probably a rarity factor though especially in Northern Ireland. I’ve heard several people think it’s a P1 :grinning:

I appreciate it’s not within reach of everyone and I am very lucky to own one but I thought I would just throw down a few thoughts about it all!

So yeah that’s good n all....

But videos?

collyirwin11

RMS Regular
Drives
RS/Mk2 GTi
Great to hear you are loving it so far.

The R8 though, was it really that fast? I think I was in a Toyota Yaris Superleggera which beat it....:eyes:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.