My '04 Facelift Technoviolet ///M3 Individual

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
I’ve been off the site for a good while now, haven’t had the best of years with losing 4 grandparents in a short space of time and being busy with work.

Haven’t had much time to look near the e46 either, visited @Woodcutter a while ago prior to leaving with a mate for MOT check. Didn’t need a thing and flew through the test.

View attachment 239847

Drove it home from test centre, parked it up and hasn’t been out since.

Have LED replacement xenons and front fogs to match to fit when I get the time, planning an inspection one shortly and other bits and bobs.

Looks fantastic as usual, good to see you back on here too Jordy. Hope things are a bit better.

Jordy

RMS Regular
OP
Jordy
Drives
GTi / E46 M3
Finally got round to getting bulbs fitted. A bit fiddly but got there in the end.

1CBE3C25-71BA-49D1-BF45-4E2A42E69DA6.jpeg

Had to wait on a replacement bulb as one just didn’t fit and didn’t want to force it or wreck my headlight.

Made use of the dry evening and took it out a run....
F0E82A7C-9BB4-4D88-B6D2-0069EA222F64.jpeg

trev 1515

RMS Regular
Drives
E39 M5 Evo ix
I was in the m5, passed you at the roundabout at the golf club, I was heading home.

Jordy

RMS Regular
OP
Jordy
Drives
GTi / E46 M3
The sill trims are showing their age a little and were scuffed and over time It’s bugged me.

6006F24E-43D1-4415-8C9C-B5FDF11DAD50.jpeg

So I ordered some replacements and clips from JKC including other bits and bobs for upcoming inspection one.

91119E2C-85F8-487D-AC83-A506D8ACA21F.jpeg

In more exciting news though, after a wee run round the coast on Friday evening I made the decision that it needed more noise.

I always said if I was to get an exhaust it would be an Eisenmann, so I ordered a race exhaust.....:cool:

Considered by many to be the best exhaust for the E46 m3, I cannot wait until it arrives. These are made to order but should be here end of August all being well.

Jordy

RMS Regular
OP
Jordy
Drives
GTi / E46 M3
I love getting parcels :joy:

Exhaust arrived last week and has been sitting at the office since.
863ACDB3-70D7-4276-8C75-F46EA2DED0AE.jpeg

Plan to get it home and unpacked this evening.

I’ll give the tips and that a coating of Gyeon Rim prior to fitting.

Car is going for inspection one on Monday so will get it fitted then hopefully.

mcmurray

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
I know you don't have it out much, but I'd love a run in this when it's fitted. Wouldn't mind one myself but videos never do them justice.

WSK

RMS Regular
Drives
R
Which Leon have you got? Interested to know what you have to dismiss an M3 as a daily car.

You could daily an M3 no problem, but the novelty would probably wear off when your used to a more modern car with modern tech. M3 clutches are heavy, pretty thirsty, the factory entertainment system is **** by todays standards, not as comfy as a newer vehicles plus it feels a lot more special when you haven't driven it in awhile. Saying all that I still love mine lol.

EDIT: also nice to keep miles down for resale value!

Jordy

RMS Regular
OP
Jordy
Drives
GTi / E46 M3
Which Leon have you got? Interested to know what you have to dismiss an M3 as a daily car.

A boring as hell diesel FR, albeit mapped.

You could daily an M3 no problem, but the novelty would probably wear off when your used to a more modern car with modern tech. M3 clutches are heavy, pretty thirsty, the factory entertainment system is **** by todays standards, not as comfy as a newer vehicles plus it feels a lot more special when you haven't driven it in awhile. Saying all that I still love mine lol.

EDIT: also nice to keep miles down for resale value!

Nail on the head, exactly my thoughts too.

Although not bothered about mileage now as sitting @ 97k.

Exhaust unpacked....it’s quite light also so should have a bit of a weight saving over OEM.
D4C9D2AB-6BA5-412B-8714-793FA87D6857.jpeg

Have the tips a coating of Gyeon Rim to keep them fresh.
BCE16AD0-F47E-4F2D-865F-1900F04D17EA.jpeg

Hopefully get it fitted next week.