Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

JMG

RMS Regular
Drives
TOYOTA CHASER
Hi guys, this is my first post on RMS after following for quite a while on an old account.
Id like to document the process of me sourcing and purchasing my car aswell as updating with any further parts of the build over time.

In summer 2018 I turned 18 and really got the JDM bug. I previously owned a little EP2 as my first car, absolutely loved it! After that I purchased a 2014 Abarth and it was rapid. My friends from TMC Motorsport in Dundonald had it tuned within an hour of me collecting it! Mega fun. After a short period of ownership I then moved onto a 2013 BMW E92 318i LCI. Great modern car with comfort and style but sadly it realllly lacked performance from its 2.0l 4 cylinder and fuel economy was shocking. Soon after buying this I just wanted to go JDM. The only thing I was concerned about was the insurance costs as I was just turning 20 at the time. I threw the head up anyways and sold it and put the money down on a Jap car.

42BF52B6-8E27-4F4D-9505-3D079DE55319.jpeg

Originally I was looking at JZX100 Chasers, 180SX’s (s13’s) and R34 4 door's. I contacted Torque GT around August and started looking more into it all. After selling my BMW in November i was now out of a car and using the Glider for my commute to work, therefor saving more money. I found out of all the people i talked to in regards to importing something, a lot of people directed me towards Alan from Import Wizards. I took their advice and after a chat with him, i was sold. Deposit sent and the search continued. After a week or two of looking at Silvias, Skylines and Chasers, i was adamant i needed a Chaser:joy: Its a 4 door Supra basically:eyes: After being out in my friend Jays @jayk MKIV TT6 Supra, i wanted one so bad. This is the closest ill get to it!:joy:

A1E56A70-4140-4005-8519-00AA05A48394.jpeg

After a few weeks we sourced a JZX100 Chaser in my preferred colour, circa 150,000km's (90k-ish miles) with very little mods, manual, tourer v. Exactly what i was after! After i won the bid at the auction, i sent the remainder of the money to Alan and it cleared from the auction and was on its way to wait at the port for the next boat. Unfortunately the car didnt get on the boat until after the new year as i purchased around Christmas time, but i was in no rush! Alan is very good at contacting me with updates regarding shipping and any delays (which are normal).

B49C6D1C-5403-41DF-AADA-0C3DAC15DC21.jpeg

From the time i purchased the car (DEC 18) and now, i have purchased a few tasteful mods and got insurance and everything sorted thankfully! Customs etc have been paid so now just to wait for it landing and taking delivery. Then MOT prep will start and get the car on the road, may need some help with my v55/5:rolleyes: Hopefully in good shape for JCC!

57760190-069A-453B-A0D6-E85264FED0E5.jpeg

Thanks for reading! Will update when its delivered!

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
Fantastic post ! I absolutely love Chasers, very much at the top of my JDM wish list. Can’t wait to see it at a few events this year and we’ll done getting one at your age, just think you could have bought a lovely Audi A4 tdi and cut the springs then screwed her out instead ;)

colin84

RMS Regular
That Supra is awesome.

Fair play getting a chaser at your age, great choice. I think I prefer the Aristo more though, especially cos any I've seen are Autos and I'm a lazy ****. Wouldn't say no to a chaser though!

BarryPort

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
Very well written post @JMG , I wish I was as organised as you! Your car history is pretty impressive, I'm in love with the 500 Abarth :heart:

I could listen to a Chaser all day.. this things gonna be class!

Reactions: JMG

JMG

RMS Regular
OP
JMG
Drives
TOYOTA CHASER
Fantastic post ! I absolutely love Chasers, very much at the top of my JDM wish list. Can’t wait to see it at a few events this year and we’ll done getting one at your age, just think you could have bought a lovely Audi A4 tdi and cut the springs then screwed her out instead ;)

Thanks mate! A lot of saving! Lol you're right

Bronze T7R's :heart_eyes:

Lovely, HTD.

Thanks matey

Great purchase, health to drift!

Thanks mate! That made me laugh:joy: Did you sell your Supra or do you still have it?

That Supra is awesome.

Fair play getting a chaser at your age, great choice. I think I prefer the Aristo more though, especially cos any I've seen are Autos and I'm a lazy ****. Wouldn't say no to a chaser though!

Aristos are epic mate, love them. Jays supra was insane, best car ive seen/been in.

Very well written post @JMG , I wish I was as organised as you! Your car history is pretty impressive, I'm in love with the 500 Abarth :heart:

I could listen to a Chaser all day.. this things gonna be class!

Thanks mate! The 500 Abarth was a class car, loved it.

Artoir

RMS Regular
Drives
V8/V6
Good man. Mine was the same colour, they come up really nice with a polish. The waiting game from Japan is nail biting but definitely worth it .

JMG

RMS Regular
OP
JMG
Drives
TOYOTA CHASER
Still have the Supra bud, it's tucked away and SORN'ed.

Bought myself a wee Clio 200 Cup for weekend fun in the meantime!

Good man, would love to see it, be coming out in summer in the Supra?
Clio 200, epic car

Good man. Mine was the same colour, they come up really nice with a polish. The waiting game from Japan is nail biting but definitely worth it .

Yeah rear bumper and quarter has a scuff and some dents unfortunately which weren't clear on the auction sheet but booked in with Pete @ Paintworkz to sort it out. Both bumpers resprayed and repaired as well as sorting out that rear quarter.

The waits been awful, especially with no daily. Ill be sure to make up for it tho lol

JMG

RMS Regular
OP
JMG
Drives
TOYOTA CHASER
Also, a thanks to @syecadelic for the Kanji plates. Real cool touch and great show plates replicating it’s authentic plate which it had on in Tokyo.
Drfitworks supplied the Work T7R’s, Work centre caps, Work wheel nuts, deep dish Nardi, boss and NRG quick release.
Streetracer in Bangor supplied and fitted the interstates road legal track tyres. Big thanks to them! interested to see how they cope.
Bought the J7XTV reg to try and replicate “JZX Tourer V” as close as possible.
Booked in with Colin and Marty up at SSI for full service, underseal, timing kit, fog, delimiter etc

F7F92DF0-664D-40A0-93ED-7D484D772F74.jpeg

ossy2004

RMS Regular
Drives
R33 / V70
Some to alan myself before I bought the 370z... sound guy and very professional unlike a lot of the others I spoke too!

I will get a Jap import yet :grinning:

Awesome awesome car, enjoy when it arrives (y)

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
Class stuff. Once you get over the 4 door thing they warm on you so good. I’ve had lots of coupe jap cars and I absolutely love my 34 4 door now.

Smurf.

RMS Regular
Drives
The odd time
Get the app ''findship'' you can follow your ship right into dublin. Alan is top man. He sourced two out of my three chasers ive had. He keeps you well up to speed of whats happening etc. Youll love the 1jz, nothing sounds as good.

JMG

RMS Regular
OP
JMG
Drives
TOYOTA CHASER
Get the app ''findship'' you can follow your ship right into dublin. Alan is top man. He sourced two out of my three chasers ive had. He keeps you well up to speed of whats happening etc. Youll love the 1jz, nothing sounds as good.

Yes mate I tracked it all around America etc etc. Was fun to watch but also a massive tease lol. Alan’s top notch, couldn’t recommend him enough! It arrived in Belgium and got onto a feeder boat to Dublin. Arriving tonight! Tax and customs paid but probs won’t get released at the port until after the bank holiday so he should have it on Tuesday and delivered next Saturday fingers crossed

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3
Awesome Jay didn’t realise you had sorted a chaser after selling the E92.

Bet you are counting the days to arrival, can’t wait to see the updates.

JMG

RMS Regular
OP
JMG
Drives
TOYOTA CHASER
Awesome Jay didn’t realise you had sorted a chaser after selling the E92.

Bet you are counting the days to arrival, can’t wait to see the updates.

Kept on the DL for the most part! Just fancied on doing a wee write up before it landed, good to document a cars history for the future!

Gemma

RMS Regular
@syecadelic got his Evo from import wizards, I'm sure if you asked him, he would probably give you a hand with your v5 etc registering it here if you need help.
Also, get yourself on to jpccni. They have coffee nights every first Monday of the month at the apple green Lisburn bound and everyone is very welcome! Even when you land up in non Jap stuff lol

Bet you'll be so excited to finally get it. I remember @Samy888 when he got the message that his Evo 9 had landed and ready to collect from torque GT, was like a Cheshire cat lol smiling for days haha

Looks lovely! Health to enjoy when you finally get it :laughing:

JMG

RMS Regular
OP
JMG
Drives
TOYOTA CHASER
@syecadelic got his Evo from import wizards, I'm sure if you asked him, he would probably give you a hand with your v5 etc registering it here if you need help.
Also, get yourself on to jpccni. They have coffee nights every first Monday of the month at the apple green Lisburn bound and everyone is very welcome! Even when you land up in non Jap stuff lol

Bet you'll be so excited to finally get it. I remember @Samy888 when he got the message that his Evo 9 had landed and ready to collect from torque GT, was like a Cheshire cat lol smiling for days haha

Looks lovely! Health to enjoy when you finally get it :laughing:

Yes I was speaking to him already, he’s a sound dude. I think I’ve got most of what I’ve got filled in right but I’ll deffs get a second opinion before sending. The DVLA have gotten better with contacting you regarding issues instead of just sending your appplication back. And yes I’ve been to a few, can’t wait to get to more, great community within the jap scene!

Thank you very much!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.