My Arctic Blue Clio 182

Petem86

RMS Regular
Drives
'15 Golf R
nice, i loved my 172 when i had it, same photo spots an all! lol theres a place in belfast that does plates and they can make them to size, i got my front one made the right size that fits in that recess with no overhang - it just looked tidy as...(in my opinion)

stuartyvilla

RMS Regular
OP
stuartyvilla
Drives
182/ 208 GTI
Thanks for the pic @Sonny didn't get speaking to many people there but your Subaru looked well! @Petem86 I have thought about the 3/4 plate as I saw one yesterday with one and it looked really well, maybe at some stage.

PaulYDP

RMS Regular
Drives
R1 Turbo
Very nice 182! Such cracking cars for the money now. Tempted by the Fabia splitter myself as the cup one on mine has gone AWOL!

I picked up my front 3/4 plate from Fancy Plates as linked by Jordy, I went for a very fractionally deeper plate than most get on Cliosport but still fits within the recess.

GavRS182

RMS Regular
Drives
RS Clio 182
3/4 front plate is brilliant - I've not had any issue with it for a full year now (y) I had mine made with the correct UK/NI font.

Car is looking well in @Sonny 's photograph!

300trophy

RMS Regular
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
Very nice, not sure why I haven't seen this thread before! Looks the part! I've organised a renaultsport run to Oxford island this Sunday if that's something you're interested in :grinning:.

stuartyvilla

RMS Regular
OP
stuartyvilla
Drives
182/ 208 GTI
3/4 front plate is brilliant - I've not had any issue with it for a full year now (y) I had mine made with the correct UK/NI font.

Car is looking well in @Sonny 's photograph!

Thanks! I spied your car in Newcastle later that night, looked gorgeous, loved your 182 side skirt stickers!

stuartyvilla

RMS Regular
OP
stuartyvilla
Drives
182/ 208 GTI
Very nice, not sure why I haven't seen this thread before! Looks the part! I've organised a renaultsport run to Oxford island this Sunday if that's something you're interested in :grinning:.

Thank you, I loved your LY 197 and your 265 is lovely as well, I hope to make it on Sunday, even just for the meet up before you guys leave for Oxford Island.(y)

300trophy

RMS Regular
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
Thank you, I loved your LY 197 and your 265 is lovely as well, I hope to make it on Sunday, even just for the meet up before you guys leave for Oxford Island.(y)

Sounds good! Are you on our FB page? I'm going be down Seacat from around 1045 or there abouts

stuartyvilla

RMS Regular
OP
stuartyvilla
Drives
182/ 208 GTI
Sounds good! Are you on our FB page? I'm going be down Seacat from around 1045 or there abouts

Yes I am on the Fb page, yea I will hope to be down earlyish to catch a few cars even if I can't make the run (y)

stuartyvilla

RMS Regular
OP
stuartyvilla
Drives
182/ 208 GTI
Well not really much too report in regards to any sort of new modifications, but having owned it now for just over a year the car started to develop some issues, the 2 main ones being a horrible knocking noise when in a low gear in traffic or when changing gear, as well as a whining/hissing noise when up to speed or hard driving, so decided to book the car into @Eddie_ at Renault 'Ards for a full service as well as get them to look at those other issues. So after a couple of days in a 'fetching' cream Renault Captur courtesy car, the diagnosis was as follows;

New exhaust mounts & clamps (the cause of the knocking)

Air con re-gas

New tyre

New radiator & coolant

Full service

New tyre.

So with all that done i picked the car up on Saturday past and it drives like brand new again, so took out for a wee blast last night and took a couple of pics, including from Cars and Coffee.

These pics though are from before the work was carried out, doing what it does best. Although you can see the exhausts here are not quite level.

2.jpg

1.jpg

with a relative, I really love RS Megane's

IMG_1726.JPG

And with some esteemed machinery, sums up the Cars & Coffee events, love the variety!
1.jpg

And finally the pics from last nights drive. You can see how the Exhausts sit nice and flush now!

4.jpg
3.jpg

Sorry for the pic heavy post lol, The other thing the car has done which I think is important is that I have talked with fellow enthusiasts about mine and their cars a lot more frequently, which is what its all about at the end of the day!

GavRS182

RMS Regular
Drives
RS Clio 182
Great pics Stuart! Glad you are still enjoying ownership and got those wee niggles sorted :grinning: 3/4 front plate ordered yet? :p

stuartyvilla

RMS Regular
OP
stuartyvilla
Drives
182/ 208 GTI
Great pics Stuart! Glad you are still enjoying ownership and got those wee niggles sorted :grinning: 3/4 front plate ordered yet? :p

Thanks Gavin,haha It keeps crossing my mind, might have to order one as it does help the front end!

stuartyvilla

RMS Regular
OP
stuartyvilla
Drives
182/ 208 GTI
So to bring this thread up to date, after the detail and just general daily duties my engine light came on, took it to Renault and it was the O2 sensor, got that replaced, then 2 weeks later engine light was on again but didn't affect the car, that was until I was in Mallusk for work and got there ok but went to leave and the car conked out, so I learnt my lesson while sitting in the recovery lorry with the clio getting a piggy back behind :oops:. Took it to Renault again and same sensor had failed, thankfully covered under parts warranty so no charge.

But in between all of that I done some driving and found snow a while back, made for a nice picture.
IMG_1297.jpg
IMG_1298.jpg
IMG_1293.jpg

After all the sensor malarky I treated myself to a set of Cooksport lowering springs and got them fitted, new wheel bearings and took to to Kerrs Tyres in Ards for wheel alignment, so went out the Portaferry Road for some pics of how the car sits now with the springs fitted. As for plans in the future spacers are definitely a possibility and get my rh headlight sorted out as it condensates badly.

IMG_1406.jpg

IMG_2211.JPG
IMG_2203.JPG
IMG_2205.JPG
IMG_2201.JPG
IMG_2206 copy.jpg