My Arctic Blue Clio 182

_Stu_

RMS Regular
Did I spot this in dundonald yesterday? If so I was the guy in the grey Merc breaking my neck to get a look at it. Looks spotless and sits very well.

stuartyvilla

RMS Regular
OP
stuartyvilla
Drives
182/ 208 GTI
Stunning looking wee Clio!

Thanks! i try my best to keep it half respectable!

Spacers next on the list?

They sit so well with spacers and lowered a touch....

Definitely next on the list, thought I could get away with no spacers but seeing it in the flesh it will really help the look with them in, but recenlty bought a house so new mods could be a while lol.

stuartyvilla

RMS Regular
OP
stuartyvilla
Drives
182/ 208 GTI
Did I spot this in dundonald yesterday? If so I was the guy in the grey Merc breaking my neck to get a look at it. Looks spotless and sits very well.

I dont think I went through Dundonald yesterday plus mine is stinking at the minute so more than likely someone elses!

stuartyvilla

RMS Regular
OP
stuartyvilla
Drives
182/ 208 GTI
Well I've not really updated this thread in a while, but yet again I haven't really needed to as I put the car away before Christmas last year and used the work car during the grim winter weather, but I also purchased a set of Turinis just before Christmas from fellow member @ferrett as they are my favourite wheel for the car and since they don't come up for sale that often I jumped at the chance when they came up for sale. So after buying the weeks and keeping them under wraps last week I decided to get the car ready for the spring/summer, so the wheels went on, quickly painted the callipers and fitted a new bonnet latch, as the old one was a bit rusty under the bonnet, so tonight I took the car out and grabbed a pic with the new wheels on, which i must admit totally transforms the cars looks:heart::cool:

turinis by Stuart Hanna, on Flickr

IMG_3999 by Stuart Hanna, on Flickr

IMG_3993 by Stuart Hanna, on Flickr

stuartyvilla

RMS Regular
OP
stuartyvilla
Drives
182/ 208 GTI
Oh yes....Turinis :heart_eyes:

Out of interest did your car have the bonnet catch recall done?

To be honest I have no idea if it had been done or not, I mean the old latch worked fine but was looking sory for itself so I decided to change it purely for cosmetic reasons :joy:

stuartyvilla

RMS Regular
OP
stuartyvilla
Drives
182/ 208 GTI
100 times better looking on those wheels! Looks superb!

Thanks, totally agree, completely make the car, when buying them @ferrett said that with turinis you don't really need spacers, as with the standard wheels I had planned to get them at some point, but these fill the arches nicely!

Jordy

RMS Regular
Drives
GTi / E46 M3
To be honest I have no idea if it had been done or not, I mean the old latch worked fine but was looking sory for itself so I decided to change it purely for cosmetic reasons :joy:

There was a recall on the bonnet latches as the bonnets had a habit of flying up and denting the roof lol

stuartyvilla

RMS Regular
OP
stuartyvilla
Drives
182/ 208 GTI
Just to keep this up to date, when asked to be on the Renaultsport Stand at GTINI I decided that I would treat the car to a bit of TLC, so booked it in for a stage 1 machine polish to help make it look a bit more presentable. Some pics that my friend took of the results. Another job that was completed was the power flex bushes for the dogbone engine mount, certainly helped the vibration through the gear lever, as the old ones had seen better days.

View attachment 198906 View attachment 198907 View attachment 198908 View attachment 198909 View attachment 198910 View attachment 198911

So after meeting with a few other guys from the group we headed up to Castlewellan, I must admit we were a tad late and nearly didn't get parked but managed to squeeze in beside another 182, this time a Racing Blue car, was nice to see both colours side by side, as for the show it was a brilliant day out, got chatting to most of the guys on the Renault stand and spoke to @Big Pimp and got some hybrid detailer, I was very impressed by that as well, anyway here are some pics from the stand, the 309 was a stunner! Also if anyone has any photos of my car from Saturday I'd love to see them!

View attachment 198916 View attachment 198915 View attachment 198914 View attachment 198917

Simon998

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini
Looks great man. I need a set of turini's in my life.

We'll have to get a RenaultSport run organised.

stuartyvilla

RMS Regular
OP
stuartyvilla
Drives
182/ 208 GTI
Another update on the clio, it's been off the road over the winter again so I had time to get some jobs done, one was tidy up the engine bay, so got the inlet manifold bead blasted and sprayed it with high temp paint and cleaned the plastic cover. I also plan on getting a battery cover and carbon fuse cover as well.

20190404_095338.jpg
20190404_095348.jpg
20190412_102938.jpg
20190417_154932.jpg

hitandamiss

RMS Regular
Drives
Nothing
Looks great, was going to look at one of these with 100k on it, good service history but not sure how reliable it'd be?

300trophy

RMS Regular
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
Nice updates @stuartyvilla. Subtle changes making a big difference! Looking forward to seeing it out and about over the coming months 👍🏻.

Looks great, was going to look at one of these with 100k on it, good service history but not sure how reliable it'd be?

So long as the belts have been changed and the service history is good then that mileage is nothing to worry about. The engine in these is pretty strong. Have seen a few pop up on the mainland with well over 170k on them.