My Arctic Blue Clio 182

stuartyvilla

RMS Regular
Drives
182/ 208 GTI
Finally have got this sorted and ready for the road, first a bit of back story since it is my first 'petrolhead' car. After becoming increasingly frustrated with my diesel 206 I decided that now was the right time to change, so after checking insurance and finding it not too expensive I started looking for a Renaultsport Clio 182 and after some searching I decided on this one.

Details are as follows: 2004, 71k miles, Arctic Blue, Full Ktec Exhaust. Planning on getting the car re-registered and some time in the future getting the alloys referred, other than that, just drive it! First impressions are that it is extremely fun to drive, grips well andmy inner chav loves the noise from the exhaust! Anyway here are some pictures instead of me talking!

IMG_4146.JPG
IMG_4150.JPG
IMG_4153.JPG
IMG_4154.JPG
IMG_4162.JPG
IMG_4165.JPG

G N K

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Great looking cars and from what I've heard supposed to be great fun. That looks like a fresh tidy example (y)

Last edited:

stuartyvilla

RMS Regular
OP
stuartyvilla
Drives
182/ 208 GTI
Thanks for the kind words, very happy with the car and glad I got it in Arctic blue rather than the black, such a lovely colour in the sunlight.

stuartyvilla

RMS Regular
OP
stuartyvilla
Drives
182/ 208 GTI
Ok not really an update as such but took the car down the coast road on Sunday to get a better handle on the car itself, well after that I have fallen in love with it even more, just a joy to drive on a road like that, just enough power to have fun with and keep under control but it is the grip in corners which imo really is the standout point, just feels properly planted, anyway, have some pics again!

IMG_4166.JPG
IMG_4169.JPG
IMG_4175.JPG
IMG_41691.jpg

stuartyvilla

RMS Regular
OP
stuartyvilla
Drives
182/ 208 GTI
Not really updated this thread as I have not done too much to it, got the wheels refurbed, added a KTEC induction kit and got the car onto an NI reg, really happy with the car now, sounds brilliant and I like the fact you don't see that many out and about! Another photo as well just because I can lol.

IMG_5120.JPG
IMG_5119.JPG

Jordy

RMS Regular
Drives
GTi / E46 M3
Looks great, K-tec kit sounds immense doesn't it?

Thought about a front lip? I put the fabia lip on my 182....£15 from memory and looks pretty good.

stuartyvilla

RMS Regular
OP
stuartyvilla
Drives
182/ 208 GTI
The K-tec does make much more raspy, very happy with that purchase, I have thought about a lip but the lack of lip has grown on me, never know maybe sometime in the future I might add one!

EP82JM

RMS Regular
Yea i bought wheels from a boy in newry for mine and he had a lip of some sort,maybe fabia,something like £12 he said and it made the front end look 10x better. Mine looked very bare sitting beside it.

Loved my 182,perfect daily driver imo. Look good,rare,are fun to drive and go alright. Plus i averaged 37mpg too lol would have another no problem bar being unreliable

GavRS182

RMS Regular
Drives
RS Clio 182
Great 182 (y) I used to have an induction kit on mine but ditched as the noise just wasn't for me, preferred hearing my exhaust more! Hope to see yours at a Renault Sport NI meet :grinning:

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Had a look round this today at the cars and coffee thing, love it!

I need to have one at some point in the future!

stuartyvilla

RMS Regular
OP
stuartyvilla
Drives
182/ 208 GTI
Haha nice to hear someone took an interest(y), especially since I was parked close to some epic machinery! Defo would recommend one, cracking cars!