Robson's Rovers - BMC / BL / AR / MINI / MG-R

Rover Repair

RMS Regular
Drives
Rover's!
Well sadly I had to sell my much beloved mk4 Golf estate recently as it had a few emotional memories that i wanted to let go for good. Crap pictures im sorry, but will take some more when i collect it later in the month. So i was in the market for something and had looked at everything from 406 Coupes to Focus etc, and totally out of the blue I found this for sale. (y)

-image-002.jpg

-image-001jpg.jpg

Its a 2002 MG ZT+ with the all important...... 2500cc 24v V6! "AnthraciteBlack with grey pearl" according to the VIN database but comments already have been passed that its like a Batmobile. :cool:

Not the 190bhp, the 160bhp version but engines are identical bar the 190 cams, air intake setup, remap and stainless system so it could make an interesting result to swop some bits over eventually. Credit crunch for the win, 30mpg realisticially also as I do mostly motorway miles when i do drive.

Full service history, going to have a full new MOT also on the 27th all for under two grand. Car was originally owned by some management type in England and is in fantastic condition, electric pack, air con etc and has the proper Alancantra cloth trim along with the half leather, Rhidion grey dash, several optional extras pack have been ticked along with the mk2 V8 rims which I like a lot. (y)

Really smitten with the motor, plus its my first V6. (y)

saxo_man

RMS Regular
Nice big yoke, health to drive. Does the silver stripe come off the side?

ferrett

RMS Regular
Drives
rsvr cupra r 225
i love these .... one of the best driving cars ive owned was an mg zs v6 lovely to drive.... enjoy it ..would look class minted with some fine rimage

Rover Repair

RMS Regular
OP
Rover Repair
Drives
Rover's!
Yeah thanks guys, I knew I wanted something petrol with a decent engine, but I kept looking and nothing grabbed at me. Was literally about to book a holiday with my Golf money when I saw this in the Usedcarni site.

Strip will be staying, removal of them causes major issues with boot leaks, plus you cant paint the door handles as they are all crhome accross the range. LOL.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Had a ZS with the 180 V6 engine. Get a powerflow on it, sounds emmense (y)

Great engine... thirsty auld bastid though!

Also make sure the belts are done if not already. Bloody expensive job but must be done.

brendy

RMS Regular
Lol its a rover 75! Young man, what happened?
Nice colour but it just screams leather elbows, leather gloves and cap. Im disappointed in you, Ill be taking your manhood badges off you and Ill ask you never to mention the oath to all men you took and wiped your arse with.

Mel

RMS Regular
Drives
S3
Random car, bit old man for me though health to drive an all that.

Ghost

RMS Regular
Surely you wouldn't encourage illegal behaviour now Baxter? :p :p

Old mans car my hole... great looking motors and no tweed in sight. :party:

Not at all, What I meant was 'Blue HID lights on the front' OF COURSE.......Duh!!!!!:party::p

Rover Repair

RMS Regular
OP
Rover Repair
Drives
Rover's!
Random car, bit old man for me though health to drive an all that.

Thats what I thought originally and took a drive, being honest, handles really well for a barge as its got the Xpower optional suspension kit which are Blistein shocks and uprated springs. (y)

Blue light on the front and you wont sit in many queues. haha

Wierdly they have the wiring for that as standard as its an ECU option (which also does things like electronicially lock the rear doors at all times, additional foorwell lights etc on them, auto dim radio setup when linked to approprate police radios etc) to be switched on using the T4 software (vag com essentially), unfortunatly the siren box required is not sold to the public by Xpower accessories. :p

Ghost

RMS Regular
Thats what I thought originally and took a drive, being honest, handles really well for a barge as its got the Xpower optional suspension kit which are Blistein shocks and uprated springs. (y)

Wierdly they have the wiring for that as standard as its an ECU option (which also does things like electronicially lock the rear doors at all times, additional foorwell lights etc on them, auto dim radio setup when linked to approprate police radios etc) to be switched on using the T4 software (vag com essentially), unfortunatly the siren box required is not sold to the public by Xpower accessories. :p

Funny, the Skoda Octavia range also has them features. Amazing what comes as standard on some yokes.

I like it to be honest bud, cruiser indeed, and can shift when wanted.

Rover Repair

RMS Regular
OP
Rover Repair
Drives
Rover's!
Thanks dude. Now to learn to respect the V6 else I will have you issuing me points! ;)

Ghost

RMS Regular
Id love to have a wee trip in it. Im not allowed o drive the one in work, it has a mustang engine in it :grinning:

brendy

RMS Regular
Is that a box of tissues and tartan rug in the back window?

I honestly have to say I am surprised you went for this, if it turns you on then so be it, Id have thought it would have been something like a pimped out A6.

Mel

RMS Regular
Drives
S3
Lol at least there will be plenty of room to get jiggy!