Drives
750i
Try bmw autoparts in toome. They had a few e39s last time I was there
‭+44 28 7965 0179‬

Chris tii

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 2002tii
Give Railway a try, their great for BMW parts.

207FE609-5BF0-4352-AC20-FFBE58A36F75.png

JCM

RMS Regular
OP
JCM
Drives
E39
BMW autoparts didn't have any in my colour, railway had 2 but some chap took both recently. Cc in Armagh said they had one in stock in the right colour/spec so will try and get down over the weekend. Thanks again for the names

Chris tii

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 2002tii
BMW autoparts didn't have any in my colour, railway had 2 but some chap took both recently. Cc in Armagh said they had one in stock in the right colour/spec so will try and get down over the weekend. Thanks again for the names

Ok cool, good luck. If you find the right one but in a different colour then you can always get it resprayed. A used Topaz Blue bumper could still look a bit different from from the paint on your car. To respray a bumper, expect to pay anywhere from £200 to £300. Hope you get it sorted (y) .

JCM

RMS Regular
OP
JCM
Drives
E39
Cheers @Chris tii that was my worry regarding a slight mismatch. Was it paintworkz you used when you had it done last time?

Nufinish came back with a quote for the repair which ends up around the same as getting a 2nd hand + repaint. My logic is that, a repaired bumper won't be as structurally sound as a 2nd hand one?

Chris tii

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 2002tii
Cheers @Chris tii that was my worry regarding a slight mismatch. Was it paintworkz you used when you had it done last time?

Nufinish came back with a quote for the repair which ends up around the same as getting a 2nd hand + repaint. My logic is that, a repaired bumper won't be as structurally sound as a 2nd hand one?

If it’s repaired correctly it will be fine. Yeah I used Paintworkz, it’s handy to me as their basically at the end of my street. There’s plenty of good repair shops closer to you.

If I was you I’d just take it to get repaired. Sounds like it would be less trouble.

Reactions: JCM

JCM

RMS Regular
OP
JCM
Drives
E39
Overdue update as been busy recently.
Turned up for the bumper in the E39 thinking it'd fit somewhere. Got laughed at :joy: :joy:
Not sure what exactly I was thinking but managed to get a friend who's got access to a van.

Should be picking it up next weekend then taking it to krcr. Terry has been nothing but helpful, talked me through all my options and answered all my questions.

If all goes to plan, should be able to go to my first meet at bushmills on the 15th 8o|

Chris tii

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 2002tii
Overdue update as been busy recently.
Turned up for the bumper in the E39 thinking it'd fit somewhere. Got laughed at :joy: :joy:
Not sure what exactly I was thinking but managed to get a friend who's got access to a van.

Should be picking it up next weekend then taking it to krcr. Terry has been nothing but helpful, talked me through all my options and answered all my questions.

If all goes to plan, should be able to go to my first meet at bushmills on the 15th 8o|

Happy Days. Should see you at Bushmills.(y)

JCM

RMS Regular
OP
JCM
Drives
E39
En route to drop it off to krcr. Unfortunately they are fully booked next week so I'll be at bushmills with a broken bumper still 😁

Attachments

• IMG_20200307_110511.jpg
    IMG_20200307_110511.jpg
    317.4 KB · Views: 86

pablo

RMS Moderator
Was behind you the other day on the m2. Looked well but you need to sort those wonky tailpipes lol

• Haha
Reactions: JCM

JCM

RMS Regular
OP
JCM
Drives
E39
Honestly I think they look ok. I think it's down to the diffuser being cut to accommodate the twin pipes. I'll see if krcr can clean it up a bit while they're at it.

JCM

RMS Regular
OP
JCM
Drives
E39
Well, bit of a bad news and setback regarding the bumper.
Just spoke to Terry earlier after he had inspected the bumper and told me that it's not in a great condition. It's been previously repaired in a couple of places and the PDC are wedged into the sockets. This means that it'd take them more time to fix it up which means bigger cost and may still turn on less than 100%. He has recommended to try and source a new bumper instead even if it's 3rd party.

Disappointing as when I had phoned CC Automotive about it, they had confirmed that it's never been repaired/repainted before I made my way down. Doubt I'll have any luck returning this as I'm sure it's sold as seen. Just need to chalk this up to experience.

Back to the drawing board in sourcing a bumper. Terry has kindly offerred to check with his suppliers for one as well.

dddrrift

RMS Regular
are the pdc sensors not mounted in the black trim? I thought that bit was removable? your existing trim still looks to be in one piece?

JCM

RMS Regular
OP
JCM
Drives
E39
There's 4 sensors, 2 on the trim and 2 on the bumper itself which was wedged/forced in from Terry's description. I should've trusted my gut and walked away but FOMO got the better of me. Lesson learned.

JCM

RMS Regular
OP
JCM
Drives
E39
No major update on this apart from its first wash since start of March. Didn't even get one for the bushmills meet :laughing:

IMG_20200426_120400.jpg

Scrubbed up well for a 20yo but definitely could do with a paint correction as well as alloys refurbed.

Still wearing it's cracked bumper as lockdown meant suppliers have stopped shipping.

I was thinking of getting a front splitter fitted the same time as the bumper. Either gloss black or body colour. Seen some examples on Instagram and thought they looked nice.

Steve750

RMS Regular
Drives
750i
Looks great. I hate those splitters but everyone has different tastes I guess. Personally I’d do the T bar delete on the front bumper turning it into a m5 one. And maybe some m5 mirrors :grinning:

JCM

RMS Regular
OP
JCM
Drives
E39
Looks great. I hate those splitters but everyone has different tastes I guess. Personally I’d do the T bar delete on the front bumper turning it into a m5 one. And maybe some m5 mirrors :grinning:
Yes, definitely not to everyone's taste similar to black grills or square plates. I saw it on a wagon in person at bushmills and it was spot on. Albeit it was on a silver car.

mayweather

RMS Regular
Drives
M3 Evolution
Disappointing as when I had phoned CC Automotive about it, they had confirmed that it's never been repaired/repainted before I made my way down. Doubt I'll have any luck returning this as I'm sure it's sold as seen. Just need to chalk this up to experience.

He’s been shady with me regarding the condition of parts too.

JCM

RMS Regular
OP
JCM
Drives
E39
He’s been shady with me regarding the condition of parts too.
Yeah, I'll know better next time.

Anyway, these were supposed to arrive last weekend so I could do the interior after a good wash. It'll give me something to do this weekend instead. I did a bit of googling and these were highly recommended. I'll get a before/after photos for anyone interested.
IMG_20200430_095206.jpg