My first v8 - E39 540i

JCM

RMS Regular
OP
JCM
Drives
E39
Order the shoelace repair kit and do it yourself. Perfect for that!
Was past this I'm afraid. Took it to modern tyres in duncrue and the inside wall was chewn to bits. Was filled with what looked like the black rubber from a 3g pitch. Thankfully no damage to the alloys

Asked about me bringing my own tires for them to fit and they wouldnt have it. Read plenty of people doing this but maybe with smaller shops??

Anyway, tread on the passenger front was pretty good so just ordered another matching one from them. Getting fitted tomorrow.

JCM

RMS Regular
OP
JCM
Drives
E39
That’s just the result of it being driven on when soft.
Yeah there was more than a handful in it. Got it replaced today, just happy enough to have 4 matching wheels and tires again.

Car is also going into krcr to finalize and fit the bumper on Thursday. Should have it back friday evening.

JCM

RMS Regular
OP
JCM
Drives
E39
Wow. Over a year since I last updated this. Tbh not much has been done apart from a wash every few weeks. Drop links replaced and gearbox service carried out by dw autos over the summer.

Bumper was replaced and fitted by KrCR with no complaints. Would happily use terry again but I believe they have stopped doing private customers last I heard.

I’m just about reaching the two year mark and put on just under 8k miles in it. Passed MoT on Sunday with no advisories which is good.

I’m planning to get the front shocks sent back to bilstein for a rebuild after my mechanics advice.

Attachments

• 472D3E01-F0D8-43A0-8B28-E8F239546E57.jpeg
    472D3E01-F0D8-43A0-8B28-E8F239546E57.jpeg
    305.8 KB · Views: 91
  • 42009DBA-597B-4D26-8062-3F9B3CCA3B31.jpeg
    42009DBA-597B-4D26-8062-3F9B3CCA3B31.jpeg
    645.1 KB · Views: 100
  • 2E126E7C-58A2-4178-A616-35D213AE2931.jpeg
    2E126E7C-58A2-4178-A616-35D213AE2931.jpeg
    316.5 KB · Views: 90

EF Ian

RMS Regular
Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
Looks great, doesn't seem like you would need to do much to it other than enjoy it.

Reactions: JCM

Chris tii

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 2002tii
Wow. Over a year since I last updated this. Tbh not much has been done apart from a wash every few weeks. Drop links replaced and gearbox service carried out by dw autos over the summer.

Bumper was replaced and fitted by KrCR with no complaints. Would happily use terry again but I believe they have stopped doing private customers last I heard.

I’m just about reaching the two year mark and put on just under 8k miles in it. Passed MoT on Sunday with no advisories which is good.

I’m planning to get the front shocks sent back to bilstein for a rebuild after my mechanics advice.
Good to see the old girls still in good hands. What’s happened to the Bilsteins? Have you got the receipts ok? I can search for old emails from the company I bought them from if you wanted to contact them first with any issues?

Reactions: JCM

JCM

RMS Regular
OP
JCM
Drives
E39
Good to see the old girls still in good hands. What’s happened to the Bilsteins? Have you got the receipts ok? I can search for old emails from the company I bought them from if you wanted to contact them first with any issues?
Thanks @Chris tii . The receipt was in the folder but the company went bust and Bilstein won't touch them and advise I can only send them in for a rebuild instead.

Been thinking about getting something different but just can't bring myself to let go of her just yet :laughing: