My Focus ST

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Ben P

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW F33/A6C7
I think that is the cleanest ST I've ever seen!

It really looks fantastic.
Wheels, spacers, lowering and how clean it is makes it bloody lovely!

Stebo

RMS Regular
Drives
Defender 110
I loved mine when I had a red ST3.

I love the black bit on the bottom of the front bumper. I'd thought about doing it but didn't have the bottle

Nigelo

RMS Regular
Very nice! Ford really did strike gold with the mk2 ST, practical hot hatch with a good dose of character.

shannon1305

RMS Regular
OP
shannon1305
Drives
Focus ST225
Cheers guys, a good camera does wonders for the scratches ;)
I loved mine when I had a red ST3.

I love the black bit on the bottom of the front bumper. I'd thought about doing it but didn't have the bottle

Its really straight forward to do it with vinyl, a nice cheap mod that really changes the front.

zafturbo

RMS Regular
With using spacers ,I take it you can't use the original bolts .if not where did you get replacement items .

shannon1305

RMS Regular
OP
shannon1305
Drives
Focus ST225
With using spacers ,I take it you can't use the original bolts .if not where did you get replacement items .

They're Eibach hubcentric spacers, they come with studs already fitted and mine were supplied with longer wheel nuts to account for the longer studs.
Picked them up on the german fleabay!

garyo

RMS Regular
Its really straight forward to do it with vinyl, a nice cheap mod that really changes the front.

Lovely car, and great mods to date and planned. Electric Orange is a cracking colour and I always liked that front lip done in black. I prefer the rear diffuser part done too...that, a LHD reverse light, and some clear facelift tail lights really freshen up the looks of the back end for me.

zafturbo

RMS Regular
Eibach spacers £250 ish then new studs ,nuts ect .holy crap !!
Never expected that then hubs off ect as i havnt a clue to do it myself.What will this be £400 agh.@shannon1305.i don't like you .

shannon1305

RMS Regular
OP
shannon1305
Drives
Focus ST225
Eibach spacers £250 ish then new studs ,nuts ect .holy crap !!
Never expected that then hubs off ect as i havnt a clue to do it myself.What will this be £400 agh.@shannon1305.i don't like you .

They're just spacers, you fit them in place of the wheel then the wheel onto the spacer - studs etc come with the kit I bought. Also, check your PMs, they can be had a lot cheaper :grinning:

zafturbo

RMS Regular
Thanks for that,spoke to several suppliers today and one said that prob studs would break and be a nightmare to change ect and I just believed what he was saying .like I said previously I have totally no capability of doing it myself.taking a wheel of is my limit lol.

kyle g

RMS Regular
Drives
mk1 focus
Changed abit from when i had it

Attachments

• IMG_72873198028894.jpeg
    IMG_72873198028894.jpeg
    90.9 KB · Views: 131

shannon1305

RMS Regular
OP
shannon1305
Drives
Focus ST225
Changed abit from when i had it
Must have been another owner after you too as it had the silver trim painted black when I bought it.
Any history of when you had it? Work done/mods?

Still a nice going car by the way :grinning:

zafturbo

RMS Regular
Would it be easy enough to paint the silver trim on my St as it has the inside bits painted and is now starting to flake abd would like it all one colour.

shannon1305

RMS Regular
OP
shannon1305
Drives
Focus ST225
Bit of an update, took the plunge and fitted the RS clutch and Quaife LSD last week!
Results are very impressive, no clutch slip and great traction in this weather - even with my awful tyres (next on the list!)

First time driving a car with an LSD fitted so I didn't know what to expect, feels great until it loses traction in the wet and both wheels pull you across the road!
Anyway, here's some photos of the inside of the m66 box. Very easy to fit this LSD!

Box open:
18582627948_e9eb615a6e_c.jpg

Bearings on the Quaife:
18144209774_8a17e5e130_c.jpg

Quaife in:
18586736279_60e57b0204_c.jpg

RS Clutch/Flywheel:
18779205141_085848f251_c.jpg

Also fitted new Hardrace inner and outer bushes to the rear lower control arm along with new Hardrace front balljoints. May aswell treat her well, I'll be keeping it for a while!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.