my new car

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
Was looking for a Honda Integra Type R for ages and almost had one bought but the deal fell through ...... so I kinda lost heart in them, wasn't really after an M3 cos of the cost and maintenance etc but thought I'd jump in at the deep end for one :oops: ....... more pics to come once its sunny again!

Adam

RMS Regular
Cool, one of the early ones?

What do you think of it compared to the 325 Sport?

Gaz

OP
Gaz
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
Can't compare the two. The M3 goes like a rocket - not that the 325i Sport is slow, but its a totally different class. Better suspension too though the steering feedback wouldn't be quite as good as the E30.

Gaz

delboy

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf TDi
Bryan said:
White wouldn't be my choice but it's nice enough.

**** me, i thought it was silver! :oops:

lovely car gaz lad, whts the spec on her, any modifications?

Adam

RMS Regular
Cool, very rare to see a M3 in white though, any engine pics? ;)

The steering is the one thing that lets the E36 M3 down apparently. Never drove one so cant comment though!

Gaz

OP
Gaz
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
Will get some pics of engine bay tomorrow and a few more clear ones of the outside. The car is mint, I couldn't find a single dent or ding in the paint and Bob can vouch for that.

Its a 3.0 M3, not the 3.2 evo, hence 286bhp. I've driven both though and I really can't spot much of a difference in performance. The Evo has a 6spd box but the 3.0 5spd has different ratios, its more or less identical to 60mph though the Evo will pull on it in 4th and 5th gear. Mine is possibly the more reliable one though, I've heard horror stories about the dual Vanos system in the Evo :?

No major plans yet apart from maybe some headlight eyebrows and a rear roof spoiler, the small one that sits just at the top of the rear window. Performance wise, a new exhaust, decat and decent filter (and possibly a chip) should bring it near 295bhp. If I can get it to the magic 300bhp I'll be a happy chappie :laughing:

Gaz

p 5ary

RMS Regular
lovely car, they are class. my mate had one out the other day and they are quick! quick all the way through the revs, my type r wasnt too far of once i hit the vtec unfortunately once a gear change was needed away it went

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
yer a wild man gary and i have to say you are a bitch :p i want that M3 so badly !

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
Oh the pimp daddy is back lol. Very nice indeed, though my usual up the road comment now seems misplaced :p

Andy

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.