My New mota

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

trixtery

Drives
Clio 1.2
Alright well ive had this now for a few weeks but its still "new" Install was done at the wknd there and I think its a top job. Had problems with my last one and the spare wheel so thats why ive made sure I can get to it now. Its a 1.2 8v. She will be colour coded soon!! opinions welcome sorry for big pics and Ive still to put on cover on the wires goin to the amp :worried:

DSCN1009.jpg

DSCN1012.jpg

DSCN1011.jpg

Twain

RMS Regular
neat install, have you though of making the amp flush?
best of luck with new car

trixtery

OP
trixtery
Drives
Clio 1.2
Yeah it sounds great ave pioneer front speakers, tweeters and crossovers in the front too. I cant really do much more or I wont be able to get to the spare wheel easily and cheers!!

Harry

RMS Regular
Drives
V8
nice, didnt know they made a 1.2 8v in that newer shape, thought they were all 16v's!

PhilG

RMS Regular
just checked it out, apparently renault have started making the some of the clios in a 1.2 8v for 2005, dont know why though. Must be because of all the electrical problems with the 16v, and they're group 2 insurance

Rover Repair

RMS Regular
Drives
Rover's!
Like the install, shame you couldn't mount the amp on top of the cornor box in a slightly recessed part, be perfect then.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
PhilG said:
just checked it out, apparently renault have started making the some of the clios in a 1.2 8v for 2005, dont know why though. Must be because of all the electrical problems with the 16v, and they're group 2 insurance

there always was an 8v in the face lift model

trixtery

OP
trixtery
Drives
Clio 1.2
Cheers for the comments. Kris quinn from SQ design did it. There was no more room for the amp on top of that box or I would have colin. Mine is 2004 and is 1.2v so I dono where you got those figures.

Ruth

RMS Regular
yeah there has always been a 1.2 8v but the new ones are more common in 1.2 16v. Tidy install, what do you think of the clio trixtery?

trixtery

OP
trixtery
Drives
Clio 1.2
I like it. Had no problems with it yet "touch wood" just the brakes took a bit gettin use't to but im ok now.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.