My Ta23 Toyota Celica (build Thread)

slammed dub

RMS Regular
OP
slammed dub
Drives
76 celica & 325i
Awh I no lad. It's give me enough time to gather up all the new parts but it's now getting beyond a joke. He's told me they're working at it at the minute so if it's not painted next week I'm gona lift it.

slammed dub

RMS Regular
OP
slammed dub
Drives
76 celica & 325i
DSC_0858.JPG
DSC_0859.JPG
had a wee look about to see what parts I'd gathered. Heres some of them. Set of rare flat taillights in there as well.

Mr.Mint

RMS Regular
Drives
Many Things.
Awh I no lad. It's give me enough time to gather up all the new parts but it's now getting beyond a joke. He's told me they're working at it at the minute so if it's not painted next week I'm gona lift it.

Good lad. There is being busy and then there is taking the piss! He went to the latter about 3mths ago imo...

PoddyM

RMS Regular
Drives
GT86
Colour looks well, I'm sure it will look even better when it's all been put back together!
Do you have a time frame in mind for finishing now or are you just taking it as it goes?

slammed dub

RMS Regular
OP
slammed dub
Drives
76 celica & 325i
Thanks paddy. I'd like to get it finished this year. Few of my friends are looking it for their wedding cars next year so pressures on.

PoddyM

RMS Regular
Drives
GT86
I prefer the look of the OEM seats in these, especially with the old logo emblazoned on the headrest.
The recaros still look awesome though, keep up the good work!(y)

slammed dub

RMS Regular
OP
slammed dub
Drives
76 celica & 325i
Thanks lads. Aye just need to get thinner slots for the front Jason, stickin out a little too much

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
Car is looking really well, good work.

I was reading back through the thread and on page 4, jun 2014, you mentioned that it has a 18rg engine. So I was thinking it's maybe had a conversion at some point, but no, I'm pretty sure the one in the pictures is a 2TG as far as I can tell.

Just in case you go looking for engine parts and get the wrong thing. (Hope I don't sound like a smart arse. )

If you're getting rid of the Solex carbs, you could get a really good price for them. They are very sought after.

slammed dub

RMS Regular
OP
slammed dub
Drives
76 celica & 325i
Cheers apis. Yeah engine is a 2tg. I'd mistaken it for the 18rg as they are nearly identical engines. I carbs I have are goosed unfortunately so still weighing up what alternatives I have for it.

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
engine came from australia. 1.6 16v rebored to a 1.8. fitted new lightened clutch and flywheel
cleaned it up and painted it.

You could have something special there because they were just 8 valve despite being twin cam.

slammed dub

RMS Regular
OP
slammed dub
Drives
76 celica & 325i
sorry guys been busy building at the house.
Things have changed slightly. the 2tg is sold, 20v now in its place. recaro's are also sold and a set of rare genuine ta23 bucket seats are on their way from Tasmania.
Due for delivery Christmas time.
Brand new floor carpets fitted and dash is trimmed in carbon wrap.
Currently sorting the brakes and suspension in preparation for the engine coming back.

slammed dub

RMS Regular
OP
slammed dub
Drives
76 celica & 325i
Nothing yet Poddy. Theyre in a container at sea somewhere and due to land Christmas eve so unfortunately will probably be after Crimbo before ill be able to get a pic