My Triumph Trident 660

ST Colin

RMS Regular
Drives
Czech Wagon
So, here she is! Picked it up yesterday, and what can I say. First impressions are everything and having put a deposit down on this back in November, it was always a gamble. Pleased to say I'm not disappointed. Very easy to ride, handles really nicely, and that triple engine is a gem. Put 70 miles on it so far to bed everything in. Even at half throttle mid way through the rev range it pulls so strongly. I can only imagine what something like a Super Duke 1290 or V4S feels like. Roads have been dry-ish, little greasy in places but the Road 5's feel really great from the off. Not many photos, I'll get some better photos done over the coming weeks and maybe some GoPro footage.

Triumph Trident 660 by Colin, on Flickr

ST Colin

RMS Regular
OP
ST Colin
Drives
Czech Wagon
Thanks lads! Have a few more accessories that are on back order. Hopefully be fitted at the first service. Bar end mirrors, small belly pan, and grab rails. Might remove the rear pillion pegs. There's a company that does a nice blanking plate.

fabiostar

RMS Regular
Drives
lovely looking yoke and triples sound so nice. as for the road 5s they are a proper top notch tyre, i had them on the Aprilia and iv fitted a set to the MT and they take some serious abuse.

ST Colin

RMS Regular
OP
ST Colin
Drives
Czech Wagon
Bit of an update on this. Had the bike just over 4 months now with about 1300 miles clocked up. I had a warranty issue with the rear light cluster that was discovered during the first service. The bike was off the road for nearly 3 weeks and there was a lot of shouting going on with the dealer and ended up going direct to Triumph to officially complain. I also waited 7 months to receive all the accessories I ordered back in November.

Anyway.....I can open it right up now and I must admit this thing is a lot of fun. Handling is sweet, I know exactly what the bike is going to do and it has given me plenty of confidence. I fitted an Evotech rad guard which looks really well. Will try and get out one evening for some nice photos. No other plans apart from putting the miles on over the rest of summer.