Mystic Metallic E46 M3 Manual

JamieG95

RMS Photographer
OP
JamieG95
Drives
F10 530d
Unfortunately, as expected that didn't go to plan either... The day before MOT, when being aligned I was informed by JKC that one of the rear wheel bearings was broken and needed replaced and the car couldn't be aligned. Annoyed, as I'd already replaced these we went ahead - to discover why the bearing had failed... Unfortunately the threads on the driveshaft had given way and the hub not was loose. So, one OEM driveshaft, wheel bearing and alignment later the car was FINALLY, ready for MOT.

IMG_7374.JPG

IMG_7379.JPG

Thankfully MOT was passed with no advisories and since then I've covered about 900 miles or so in the car and am enjoying having it back - it's driven with much much more respect now though, it's been an expensive journey!

IMG_7419.JPG

IMG_7535.JPG

IMG_7611.JPG

I missed most of the summer opportunities to get the car back out again this year and will probably sorn it again soon before the salt hits the roads - I'm skeptical about taking it out in the wet at the minute, never mind winter roads! Hopefully over winter downtime I'll get the paint machined and some form of ceramic coating put on and service carried out before getting back on the road next year.

mcmurray

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
Credit to you for firing that sort of money and effort at it.

Looks mega Jamie. Hopefully get a nosey at it at some point.

SPIKE_

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI | JCW
Hat off to you…..amazing amount of work and money poured into this, but worth every penny. Looks superb 👌

WSK

RMS Regular
Drives
R
Fantastic work - That'll be one of the best around now for sure. . As mentioned, the back arches are cheese on these, f'n BMW. Get it full of wax in every possible hole.

Be a few dry days yet hopefully, you'll get to enjoy it!!

JamieG95

RMS Photographer
OP
JamieG95
Drives
F10 530d
A spell of sunshine on the North Coast always means an evening drive and reminding me to update this thread! I had kept the car off the road until March and have since been able to get back out and enjoy it whilst finishing up with little things that were annoying me.

I was well aware that the car was overdue an oil service and inspection, despite having gone no where so before getting out and about again Inspection 2 was carried out.

IMG_8600.JPG

Post inspection, clean bill of health and normal service resumed. I used the M3 daily for a week or two whilst I had service and a prop bearing replaced on the daily E60 and then have been out on a couple of runs around Donegal, the car is driving spectacularly - It truly feels like a new car to drive. Over the past few years every pretty much every suspension component and bush has been replaced and the car is just a joy to be behind the wheel of. Even whilst worrying about stone chips and other drivers!

IMG_9192.JPG

I left the car with Rodney at Bathe again now that we are a few months on from the repaint for an enhancement & Ceramic coating. I haven't touched the car with any form of polish or coating since I collected it from the bodyshop to allow the paint enough time to cure properly. There were a couple of sections of light marring and some marks I had left on the bonnet from storage so I went for a Paint Enhancement with some light correction and Dual layers of CarPro C & D Quartz coatings.

I'm really pleased with how it all turned out, the paintwork was/is fantastic from the bodyshop and is just incredibly glossy now that it's coated.

N88JPG-1
by Jamie Graham, on Flickr

N88JPG-2
by Jamie Graham, on Flickr

But alas, all good things must come to an end and for me it's time for something different. It'll be in the classifieds soon. 😀

KevM

RMS Regular
Madness!

Although, sometimes its the project that keeps us interested & not the car itself.

Just dont put it on Collecting Cars - Sorted M3's dont seem to do well on it at all.

EF Ian

RMS Regular
Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
Great car, as close to a new one as you could get.

Never understood why people put so much effort, time and money into a car only to sell it on when they have barely put any mileage on it. I'd be wanting at least a year before letting it move on.

Antoin

RMS Regular
Drives
E60 535d
The work put into the M3 is fantastic!
Fair play for taking it on.

On another note if you decide to sell that e60 please let me know.

JamieG95

RMS Photographer
OP
JamieG95
Drives
F10 530d
Been out and about to a few events recently in this and tidied a few more little bits up. A/C had stopped working, I was fearing the worst hoping I wasn't going to need a compressor but thankfully the seals on the Schrader had just dried up. Thankfully @pobmk4 was able to sort them and re gas, Ice cold once again!

E46 & Super 3 by Jamie Graham, on Flickr

JKC / NIBMW Cars and Coffee was another good day out, was nice to see the line up of M3's and also to get a drive in the new M2! The M3 Touring is still the one for me though. :heart_eyes:

NI BMW x JKC 23-1-2 by Jamie Graham, on Flickr

NI BMW x JKC 23-10 by Jamie Graham, on Flickr

N88JPG-2 by Jamie Graham, on Flickr

The car is however now in the classifieds if any RMS'rs fancy a well sorted E46! - BMW M3 for Sale - RMS Classifieds

EF Ian

RMS Regular
Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
Your car looks great, I would love to own it. But alas I am unable to own every car I like.