Mystic Metallic E46 M3 Manual

richie_mck

RMS Regular
Gorgeous, I saw it parked up in Ballymena last week in Pennybridge, mystic blue is such a nice colour

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
It's a beauty!

IMG_4749.JPG
IMG_4751.JPG
IMG_4753.JPG

RevT

RMS Regular
Spotted it driving by so didn’t even have a chance to look at it, just recognised the rear plate on passing.

I’ve had about ten cars done by JB and they’ve always been spot on.

JamieG95

RMS Photographer
OP
JamieG95
Drives
F10 530d
I've been enjoying owning this over the last few months of summer, as usual always tinkering and replacing something, but mainly driving it.

Rear Suspension refreshed, new tyres all round and a full service carried out left me a few ABS sensors to sort before heading across to Scotland for the day utilising Stenaline's £30 return offer.

IMG_7633-24
by Jamie Graham, on Flickr

IMG_7601-11

IMG_7579-16

IMG_7605-9

More recently and before tucking away for winter the car was dropped off to Bathé detailing in Ballymoney for a bit of paint rejuvenation and a ceramic coating. There was some real bad bird poo etching and some light scratching that had really been annoying me. It looks fantastic now, the Blue is epic. Looking forward to seeing how the Gyeon coating performs.

Bathé Detailing M3

Bathé Detailing M3

Bathé Detailing M3

Bathé Detailing M3

Bathé Detailing M3

WSK

RMS Regular
Drives
R
Think I seen it parked outside the Legenderry Car show?

Looked the part!!

JamieG95

RMS Photographer
OP
JamieG95
Drives
F10 530d
Think I seen it parked outside the Legenderry Car show?

Looked the part!!
Yep, that was me abandoned there, took a last minute decision to go for a nosey. There was some nice stuff on display!
Thanks, it was in dire need of a clean then though. :laughing:

JamieG95

RMS Photographer
OP
JamieG95
Drives
F10 530d
It's been a quiet few months for the M3, shortly after my last post above and having the car coated at Bathé I Sorn'd it, gave it a quick clean and after drying off parked it up in the garage for winter. Picked up one of the BMW trickle chargers and a cover before hand. Basically a c-tek unit but nice to have the BMW logo on it!

IMG_0634.JPG

IMG_0652.JPG

I taxed the car again at the beginning of March, just in time for hosting NI-BMW Cars & Coffee at work - I thought it looked great parked next to this red E36 M3. I'd have like to have gotten some proper photos but never got time to get my proper camera out! I believe it was @Jas Lad and a friend arrived in the E36?

IMG_1452.JPG

IMG_1463.JPG

After a bit of time behind the wheel I finally got the front suspension refreshed, replacing Front Shocks, Droplinks, Track Rod Ends, Strut Top Bearings and in the end I also ended up replacing the front callipers, brake lines and tie rods. I also replaced the rear ABS rings, there was a slight crack in one that was causing havoc with the ESP/ABS etc and had the dash lit up with a multitude of errors.

Had a few quick blasts out since getting it back, it feels much better. Nice to know in my head now that in the last year I've replaced Discs/Pads, Suspension, Tyres & Fluids. With that out of the way it means next up it's finally time for some more noise. Have either a Supersprint LW Race or Eisenmann in mind, eventually a CSL style Airbox too - I love the intake noise from the S54. 🎶

IMG_1514.JPG

IMG_1517.JPG

But, until we're all allowed to actually get out for a proper drive I guess I'll just have to keep cleaning them all! 🤷‍♂️

IMG_1535.JPG

richie_mck

RMS Regular
That’s beautiful. After hearing one going up the road I’ve a serious hankering for another, the rasp out of the e46 is the best sounding m3 out, fact

JamieG95

RMS Photographer
OP
JamieG95
Drives
F10 530d
Lovely 👍🏻

Eisenmann - do it!

Just need to hear yours ripping down the road to make my decision ;):joy:

That’s beautiful. After hearing one going up the road I’ve a serious hankering for another, the rasp out of the e46 is the best sounding m3 out, fact

Thanks. Sometimes I still wonder if I should have went for the V8, I like the 90/92 also but every time I head for a blast in mine I change my mind!

mcmurray

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
Just need to hear yours ripping down the road to make my decision ;):joy:

Jordy sent me a video of his when he got it fitted. Must have watched it 25 times but still can’t make my mind up. Need to hear one in person.

JamieG95

RMS Photographer
OP
JamieG95
Drives
F10 530d
Jordy sent me a video of his when he got it fitted. Must have watched it 25 times but still can’t make my mind up. Need to hear one in person.

Post Covid RMS M3 Meet? :joy:

I remember hearing a LWR on a friends '46 and it was LOUD. I cant remember if he had anything else done though & it was a few years ago.

@m5lvyn put together a great video of his Supersprint too. Hard to compare via speakers though!

Steviegsi

RMS Regular
Drives
E46 M3
Supersprint lw race is the way to go! Hope to get one for mine, also mystic blue, if work picks back up again in a month or 2!

JamieG95

RMS Photographer
OP
JamieG95
Drives
F10 530d
Glad to get back behind the wheel of this again, fresh wheel alignment carried out at JB Tyres & its driving fantastically again. Great run around the coast early this morning!

June 2020-7

June 2020-5

June 2020-12

Was also nice to get a drive in this E92 DCT M3, definitely not as engaging to drive as the Manual but has its own merits. Mainly the noise, definitely the noise.

June 2020-9

June 2020-13

Also joined by this pretty cool Mini Cooper S GP.

June 2020-8

June 2020-10