Nascar 2013

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Storm

Banned
Figured Nascar deserved it's own thread (y)

Anyone else following it this year? Currently sat watching the last 25 laps of the Daytona 500.

Liking the fact they've reintroduced proper branded cars from Ford, Chevy & Toyota.
The gen 6 Ford Fusion (Mondeo) looks immense!!
hi-res-158263789_crop_exact.jpg

Would like to see Danica Patrick doing well in the sport, be interesting to see if she opens the flood gates for women in other forms of motorsport like F1 for example... and did i mention she's pretty fit too?? ;)

DanicaPatrick.jpg
Danica_03-767238.jpg

Oh, and for anyone having trouble getting to see the races, there's a guy on youtube with a couple of different channels who seems to be uploading most of the races :grinning:
http://www.youtube.com/theLP2008
http://www.youtube.com/NASCARplus

stevyg

RMS Regular
Everyone down here loves Nascar, I just can't seem to get into it. I need to go to a race sometime and that will maybe make me like it a bit more.

Danica Patrick :heart:

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
Me and the wife went to the brickyard 400 at Indianapolis a few years ago.......

Fantastic event, lots of action, crashes, noise and the fans really make it too. it was a 3 hour race and while we sat eating our lunch the time flew in. At a formula 1 race I would have been bored after half an hour. I believe its the 2nd largest live spectator event in the world with 400,000 in attendance, the biggest is the indy 500 with 500,000. After the race my right ear was ringing (the cars go anti clockwise!)

Thinking of going to Daytona to see another one.

I think all American events are better though, they just make a bigger better show out of things.

BTW i struggle to watch nascar on tv for more than half an hour. You have to see it live!

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
I watched the highlights on Sky over the past few years but they don't seem to be showing them any more. Don't think I could watch a full race though. 60 mins of highlights is enough for me.

stevyg

RMS Regular
Me and the wife went to the brickyard 400 at Indianapolis a few years ago.......

Fantastic event, lots of action, crashes, noise and the fans really make it too. it was a 3 hour race and while we sat eating our lunch the time flew in. At a formula 1 race I would have been bored after half an hour. I believe its the 2nd largest live spectator event in the world with 400,000 in attendance, the biggest is the indy 500 with 500,000. After the race my right ear was ringing (the cars go anti clockwise!)

Thinking of going to Daytona to see another one.

I think all American events are better though, they just make a bigger better show out of things.

BTW i struggle to watch nascar on tv for more than half an hour. You have to see it live!

Cool! Indianapolis would be a good watch.

The Atlanta motor speedway is only about 45 mins from me (In America land thats just up the road lol) a lot of my friends have been there several times to watch Nascar so I must go sometime and see what all the hype is about.
I agree on TV it is dire especially cause I'm a massive F1 fan.

Bambi

RMS Regular
Yes cheers for the links little tricky getting decent sites, gotta love Kyle, actually studied him as part of my degree last semester interesting stuff!

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Having a really hard time getting to grips with it... 4-6 hours round an oval, nigh on impossible to keep up with the tactics and who is actually leading... Great as a spectacle though, simple basic machinery and very close all the time. And the noise :grinning:

Have a feeling you have to actually be there, and do the whole tail-gating thing (or a big barbecue at home with the lads!). Suspect that is the real deal. Eat meat, drink barley, have some craic, enjoy the noise and the crashes, and then watch the last three laps to see who won (y)

Shaun

RMS Regular
Been watching it for a while now. May seem boring going round an oval but there is a lot of tactics come into play and a lot of talent driving at such high speeds, inches apart and 4 a breast at times.

Danica is fit, my screensaver the past few months lol (y)
She has shown she is a brilliant driver coming 8th at Daytona a few weeks ago and the first woman to lead a full lap and qualify on pole.
She had a bad smash last week at Phoenix was lucky it wasnt a lot worse.

Love Kyle Busch aswell, his win last year in the Budweiser shootout was unreal.

I usually just stream the race online, always a really good stream as i guess not a lot of people watch it compared to the football streams.

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
I've been to moto gp a few times, f1 a few times, AMA motocross and US quads and Nascar was the best and Im not one who could watch a lot of it on tv.

andy9eleven

RMS Regular
Drives
All broken
Went to NASCAR in LA a few years ago. Awesome day. The really cool thing is the spectators can also tune into the pit radio so you can listen to the communications of your favourite teams. Plus the noise and the side shows. Just fantastic.

Pumesta

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus_ST_3
Who thought it would be a good idea to tie a camera with a bit of rope above a 200+ MPH race track

images

Pumesta

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus_ST_3
What channels is this on?

The nationwide series is shown on motors TV which I think is included on the basic sky package. As Paddy said the Sprint Cup is shown on EPSN but I stream it from Wiziwig, just means I don't see my bed until about 4am

Pumesta

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus_ST_3
heard a rumour that the 2014 season will be available on BT sport, which is free to BT broadband customers anyone know if there is any truth to this

Pumesta

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus_ST_3
So it's the Toyota Save Mart 350 from Sonoma California, whos watching ?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.