need a good mechanic

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Phil-Ray

RMS Regular
Drives
mk4 Fiesta
any one know of anyone or any body that could fix a few things with my car around portadown or lugran?

Phil-Ray

RMS Regular
OP
Phil-Ray
Drives
mk4 Fiesta
handbreak needs fixing

and lights aligned a bit

ive lost faith in my usual person who does my work

Gambit

RMS Regular
you could align the lights yourself

whats wrong with the handrake? jsut need adjusted? somewhere like ATS or Kwik Fit will sort your handbrake for peanuts. they usually do things like that for free - well they do for me -

i got them to fit 2 new cables to my car, suppiled the parts etc and the fella just done it for nowt, though i give him a £10 for his trouble

Phil-Ray

RMS Regular
OP
Phil-Ray
Drives
mk4 Fiesta
if u read my post on legal the legal section the cable snapped during the mot

Gambit

RMS Regular
o aye, then just get a new cable yourself and take it down to them & they'll fit it for very little

or you could try it yourself, it aint that bad a job, if you have a jack & axle stands

Phil-Ray

RMS Regular
OP
Phil-Ray
Drives
mk4 Fiesta
always went to a guy up the road called
Gerard Lappen

hes more or a body shop but does mechanican as well. hes not bad but i just wnat a diffrent guy this time jsut to see if he is any better

RComms

RMS Regular
Drives
E63
M.B Auto Repairs
Tel: 028 3839 2786

Mahon Road just behind Wheelies. I use him all the time, and he is excellant and has never charged me the earth.

Gambit

RMS Regular
how do you need a machine to measure the correct levels?

all you do is park your car about 10m away from a wall and then draw a large '+' at a certain height (which i cant remember) on the wall and use this to align them

Tufty

RMS Regular
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
Gambit said:

all you do is park your car about 10m away from a wall and then draw a large '+' at a certain height (which i cant remember) on the wall and use this to align them

very true gambit some1 who knows there stuff.

here lad Brain Quinn is a good at his work hes also dwn the Mahon Rd about 10 feet from that bike place ur talkin about

Kerzo

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon FR
yer man quinn charged me £10 for about 30 seconds work which was just testing the emissions :?:

thats the last i go to him

RComms

RMS Regular
Drives
E63
nivermind said:
is that bedhind the bike shop place?

it is indeed. just ask for Mark, and he seems to be able to sort most things out. I know the work that i got by him recently was good, and not nearly as bad on the wallet as i expected!!

Dermot

Gambit said:

Not when the MOT headlight Alignment comes into Effect, Supposed to start as of Jan this year, But the fact over 9 out of 10 cars were failing it hasnt come it yet... But for now, as long as it aint too far out they will let you away with it.

Bibby

RMS Regular
Drives
Holden Omega Ute
legally for mot, i garuntee about 9 times out of 10 aligning them your self doesnt work, the height you get from a dot on your headlamp glass, and measure on dip beam, hence why dealerships have a machine to align to, so as passes mot first time
as for a fiester handbrake, easy job,

Ev206

RMS Regular
This a picture of the headlight on my girlfriends car and it sailed through the MOT :lol:

slinky2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Fiesta ST
Nova Bibby said:
mmm nice and loose looking with no reflective material inside on the bottom

its not illegal to have no reflective stuff at the bottom

we dont

image002.jpg

Richy

RMS Regular
Drives
E55
i know a bloke that'll fix her, paul mcaloran, out the far side of lurgan, PM me if u want his number

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.