Need advice parked close to someone

Smiths

RMS Member
Hi everyone,need a bit of advice was pulling up to a relatives house and there was a car in front.I parked very close so I didn’t block a driveway.
I didn’t feel a bump or knock.Later on as I was out,the neighbours wife called to the door with her husband on tow.The ring doorbell captured the footage and she was standing the arms folded fuming.then heard her saying they have a picture.
Wen I checked the car,the number plate was touching the bumper,wen I reversed we checked and naturally no marks.
Is there anything to worry about?

Thanks

bigsigh

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M2
I would be inclined to say if there is no damages there's not much to be done, even if the ring doorbell shows the car touching, if it's inspected and there is nothing to see , what does she want from from you ☺️ , wouldn't worry too much 👍

Smiths

RMS Member
OP
S
I would be inclined to say if there is no damages there's not much to be done, even if the ring doorbell shows the car touching, if it's inspected and there is nothing to see , what does she want from from you ☺️ , wouldn't worry too much 👍
Thanks I kind of thought that,the wife came across aggressive,so I was a bit concerned.Truthfully didn’t even feel the car touch.

bigsigh

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M2
Did she say what she expected as a resolution to the whole thing ? Likely just another loud mouth spouting off

saxo_man

RMS Regular
Wouldn’t you check when you parked up and if it was touching reverse it back a couple of inches? Is there an ongoing parking issue

Smiths

RMS Member
OP
S
Wouldn’t you check when you parked up and if it was touching reverse it back a couple of inches? Is there an ongoing parking issue
Normally I do check but today of all days I actually didn’t.i thought it was fine.but your very right in what your saying.would normally do that.no there’s no issues,not that I’m aware off like

Smiths

RMS Member
OP
S
Grab a bottle of wine and knock on the door and apologise for hitting their car, better to diffuse this now before causing issues for your relative with their neighbours.
I totally understand and respect with what your saying,I’m there regularly and last thing I want is any grief for anyone.

billyboker

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus
Here's another point of view we live in a street where parking is terrible my wife cant get out of tight parking spots only passed her test year ago still learning and I have to go out and get her car out. Its very frustrating when someone blocks you in and you don't know the car and want out also not everyone drinks wine take a box of chocolates also.