NEED an engine CCZB for Golf GTI mk6

Meeky

RMS Regular
Drives
Corsa VXR
Hi,

As title says, anyone know where I can get a used engine for golf gti mk6 2011. My timing chain sh1t the bed and mechanic says its gone 😭

Tried the usual places but nothing at all.

Thanks
Chris

Meeky

RMS Regular
OP
Meeky
Drives
Corsa VXR
Yeah i should've said lol i tried traynors and a good few others on yell.com that are breaking cars.

Would ebay be a good place to buy an engine or avoid lol

pobmk4

RMS Regular
Drives
Caddy 2K
Worst case scenario it has bent every valve in the head - if it has damaged the surface of the head then replace it, last time I bought a new one from VW it was £1400.

Is there no saving of your old one as I know these engines arent easy got complete from breakers.

Robert

RMS Trader
These engines are almost impossible to get, and big money when you do find one. My advice would be consider fixing what you have, it’s expensive and takes a lot of Labour, but you know what you have at the end of it.

Philljdm

RMS Regular
Drives
mk2.5 focus st
IIRC @Philljdm had a similar experience with his Mk6 and may be able to provide a steer. Did it let go before you had to chance to get your kit in?
Mechanic tried to rebuild but unsecessful so ended up getting a engine from enginesOD in the end it cost me around 4k all in few months later traded the car in as lost all heart in it after that

DJR Media

RMS Regular
Drives
2012 Audi S4
When I had my limited edition vrs Octavia it had a ccz in it. Couldn’t get a ccz engine anywhere so I put a cawb engine into it. Same engine apart from the oil filter housing was different but swapped that over from the old engine

Meeky

RMS Regular
OP
Meeky
Drives
Corsa VXR
Basically I was driving around 60mph and the car just sounded like a diesel and rattling like mad. So pulled over and got the AA out. Towed to garage and eventually diagnosed P0011 so I thought chain or engine. So mechanic tried the new timing chain and got car started but really rough. When oil was drained there was metal shrapnel in there so I knew it was already gone. Hard to find so going get rid of it and get a lease car shortly.

Hard as f**k to find these engines you are right lol

Yeah i've lost all heart in it as he said once rebuilt they are no where near what they were so just going to get rid now.

Few wee lease deals going so i'll stick to cars with warranty for a while lol

Car was fantastic in my 5 years of owning it..until start of July :worried:

Thanks for the feedback guys

Meeky

RMS Regular
OP
Meeky
Drives
Corsa VXR
No mate, fella I know who's a mechanic said he would do me a deal as he can tinker away at it at his own leisure so suits me for the right money. Just want rid of it now as i have been borrowing the wife's car the last 3/4 weeks which is a pita.

greyfloppyhat

RMS Regular
Not sure what you've been offered but worth filling this in, it's something the other half's ones would be interested in;