Need shade. Awning or shade sail

ALN

RMS Regular
Drives
Clio 182
So where I have to wash my cars the sun can be quite direct on a sunny day making washing a car a bit tricky. I figure my options are a shade sail that I could attach between the house and garage or an awning maybe. I think a gazebo is too risky in case of a gust or something though it would be more multifunctional.

Anyone in the same boat and found a good solution other than waiting for dull days.

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
I've got the same issue, house is south facing and the area where I wash is on the east side so gets the sun in the mornings. Shade might be a good plan tbh

brocks

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW X6 M50d
Have a similar issue but nowhere to stick a shade sail.... though I DO have a pair of them in the back garden and they are a very easy and cheap solution if you have somewhere to attach them to. Very effective at blocking sun, less so at water depending on type.

Gaz86

RMS Regular
So where I have to wash my cars the sun can be quite direct on a sunny day making washing a car a bit tricky. I figure my options are a shade sail that I could attach between the house and garage or an awning maybe. I think a gazebo is too risky in case of a gust or something though it would be more multifunctional.

Anyone in the same boat and found a good solution other than waiting for dull days.

Is water spotting the issue?

ALN

RMS Regular
OP
ALN
Drives
Clio 182
Same issue as me @FM155. I think I might be able to fit a triangular shade sail from the house to garage. Thinking it should be easy up and down on carabiner clips (is that the right word?)
Also notice outdoor umbrellas aren't too dear and maybe a good option lol

David19

RMS Regular
Drives
Mk7. 5 GTIPP
Sail maker down at Skettrick Island could make you something to suit.

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
I've a pretty large rectangular awning/shade thingy that I was planning to put up over our patio but the mrs wasn't keen. I think they were cheap enough from ebay or amazon.