need some help

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Nath3n

RMS Regular
right im interested in buying some new cleaning products, at the moment i have never used any of these buffing machines, so i need some advice on whats best, where i get it, and what products i will need... i have a few old motors i am able to work on as practise samples, but i just need to know where to get started?

any advice is appreciated, Nathan (y)

Dee

RMS Regular
Drives
Vectra GSI/Corol
Have you got any products atm??First of all if u are after a buff i recommend the silverline rotary which can be boucght from various motor factors for around 40 quid.As far as polishing compounds there are endless products out there such as farecla,3m,menzerna etc the best thing is to buy various different products and see what works best for you.....Cleanyourcar.co.uk is great for products and hints and tips, also gives a good run down on the products available!

Nath3n

RMS Regular
OP
N
at the moment just have normal products, autoglym, megauirs etc... but i want to get the car and paint looking better, removing swirls/scratches.. the products i have at the moment arent doing that?

Dee

RMS Regular
Drives
Vectra GSI/Corol
Depending how bad the paint is u may need to clay the panels and hit them with the buff using various pad/compound combos!It takes a lot of time to learn to machine polish correctly and you will have to choose what polishes etc you want to use and you will also need compounding heads, polishing heads and finishing heads etc for the buff

Nath3n

RMS Regular
OP
N
i have the time to learn... and also a couple of motors that are going to scrap in the future, but paint is good enough to learn on... are there any forums/websites which gives advice and what not on products, using the machinery?

Dee

RMS Regular
Drives
Vectra GSI/Corol
give cleanyoucar.co.uk a blast m8 !

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
100% honesty Nathan.

The price of a machine, all the products etc. Your looking at a good few hundred quid easily. Then add in it takes years to gain the skills needed.

The amount of people that buy all the gear and then say I wish I had got it done professionally.

1) it will be a better job
2) you have a quality assurance
3) it will work out the same price or even cheaper.

The best advice I can honestly give you is get the correction work done professionally and concentrate on improving your wash technique and buy a nice product to maintain afterwards.

Poor washing is the main reason for paint defects. So really it boils down to do you want the best possible finish on your car or do you want to have a bit of craic by having a go yourself while running the risk of doing more damage?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.