Needs A Hands Free Kit For My Dad

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Rover Repair

RMS Regular
Drives
Rover's!
Looking a bit of advice here folks, dad has a citroen C2 van and wants a hands free kit.

Now he wont use anything other than a Samsung B2100 tough phone (he has three LOL) which has bluetooth etc.

Now im looking a kit that can be plumbed into the car and provide him with a charger/cradle. Looking at one of these, but im unsure what else can be used to intergrate into the car.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/THB-BURY-...2200?pt=UK_Holders_Mounts&hash=item4cf0b228d8

He doesnt have big money to spend, can anyone help me out, or point me in the direction in Antrim area of someone that can help us out?

Would like something fitted thats discrete.

mk2driver

RMS Regular
Drives
Impreza Type RA
Give Tommy a ring on 07716426700, hes based in Ballymena and will come to you and can supply and/or fit a kit for you

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah
Mac-G, that's only the cradle in the link, the rest of the phone kit (system 8) will have to be bought as well.
It's my opinion that the THB (Bury) 9060 is the best kit on the market. Exquisite voice-dial - it even works for my geordie colleague - THB are so good, Bentley use em! Forget Parrot, treat the old coffin dodger to a Bury!
All he needs is a charger lead. The screen on the Bury is all that is needed for complete control of the phone.

GJD

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon
I'm with Mark D on this!, IO Talk is easy to install and except for the mic has no cables to run!

jimcupra

RMS Regular
Mcg I have an io play hands free kit and the adapter to Bluetooth an ipod for music. 30 its yours just need a wiring adapter...

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
Bump for similar advice for my mum. Basically my sister thinking of getting mum a bluetooth handsfree, but she wont pay the money for a Parrot (i know i know). She did ask about this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/JAY-World-B...UUUA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1353065218&sr=8-1 but needless to say i laughed as it would constantly need charged and either be dead half the time or left in the house half the time and also paired up by a non tech head.

SO, basically has anyone any other suggestions for a real non wallet busting simple to use built in hands free i can suggest? Its just purely for calls, no music or that, dont think it would even need to have a screen but that would be a plus.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
I fitted my 5 year old parrott 3100 to jos new car today and its still 100%

Cheap and does job lovely, syncs MUCH better than my more expensive kenwood BT MODULE

Con

RMS Regular
Drives
JDM Honda Del So
cant get any cheaper

handsfreeelastic.jpg

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
another vote for Parrot. I've had an MKi9200 for near two years now, brilliant.

Mont

RMS Regular
Drives
SupraMINIMX5

I got the missus one of these for Xmas last year. Great bit of kit, and will bluetooth music from iPhones, but the control unit developed a fault after 5 months. Supposedly a common fault too and from what I found you can't get replacement units as theyve stopped making them :worried: Two friends bought them as well and same thing happened to one of theirs.

I ended making an egreement with the original Ebay seller to get it replaced with the newer IO Play 2 but it is Parrot MKi 9200 money.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.