Wanted: Nest Thermostat Installer - Needs Rewired

ViperGRM

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 6 2.2D
Hi folks, can anyone recommend a plumber/electrician who can fix my Nest Gen 3 thermostat wiring? I need it rewired so that it will switch the heat and hot water on independently. There is already a valve in place etc. The only trouble is that it will not trigger hot water. Seems a waste turning the heat on now with the hotter weather wheneever we only need hot water. I've checked the wiring and I am certain it is not wired up correctly. I don't want to make it worse by having a go myself. Thank you!

ViperGRM

RMS Regular
OP
ViperGRM
Drives
Mazda 6 2.2D
Thanks for that! I'll give him a buzz. Cheers :grinning:

ViperGRM

RMS Regular
OP
ViperGRM
Drives
Mazda 6 2.2D
think you have to buy an extra nest part to add to the kit if you have zoned heating.

Thanks. I have all the things already installed including the zone valve. I know for certain it isn't wired up correctly, but I don't have the knowledge or the balls to start fiddling with it. Cheers :grinning:

dddrrift

RMS Regular
i was under the impression the nest could only control one ‘zone’ and if you wanted multiple zones or to separate hot water there was extra bits required. i priced it for my house with 3 ‘zones’ and it was over £300 for the kit needed

ViperGRM

RMS Regular
OP
ViperGRM
Drives
Mazda 6 2.2D
Yeah with a single Nest 3rd Gen thermostat you can control 1 zone and 1 hot water independent of each other. If you wanted more zones then I believe you need extra thermostats and control boxes etc. I see what you mean.

ViperGRM

RMS Regular
OP
ViperGRM
Drives
Mazda 6 2.2D
Yeah I think maybe you might be referring to one of the previous generations. I think they only worked with a single zone and no separate hot water etc.