New 2020 BMW 4 Series leaks ahead of tomorrow's unveiling

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Much rather have this...M340i with ACS goodies.
Screenshot_20200923-171141_Instagram.jpg

j44nty

RMS Regular
This video made me laugh "like a racing engineer would do it" as if in some way that made it acceptable. Like it was a way to justify its horrendous looks. I'd like to think a race engineer would have better taste.

They brush past the elephant in the room and fail to acknowledge in any way that the front of the car is on parr with a Fiat Multipla. Which to be fair, thats an insult to the Fiat.

I've disliked a few cars when I initially saw them in the past and grew to like them. Hatch back Imprezas, the FK2 Civic, MK3 Focus RS etc. But this is an abomination. There is absolutely no saving this. The designer and guy who signed off on this both need shot dead, point blank. Failure to acknowledge any mistakes or wrong doings, despite the overwhelming negativity from enthusiasts and prospective buyers, is far from an oversight. They're flat out ignoring that they have without doubt, made a catastrophic mistake and genuinely believe the car is brilliant as is. It's mind blowing.

I think when I see the first one on the road I'll have to walk up to the window, get the driver to roll the window down and slap him so hard that his passenger will feel it... and by passenger I mean hostage, because nobody is getting into that thing voluntarily.

The way both them clowns are dressed is enough to put me off the brand completely let alone ‘Bane’ on car form

Nutts

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi R8
Anyone else squandered 20 minutes on the the M3/4 car configurator yet? Not the best front but I said that about the R8 and once I fired up the engine the looks quickly became insignificant. I can imagine if you could take out a demo M4 for the weekend you would soon get used to the looks.

M4 Configurator

Screen Shot 2020-09-23 at 19.43.53.png

davyk31

RMS Regular
Had a wee play on the M3 Configurator. Don’t need many options which is always something but the starting list price is a bit scary. Need the standard BMW 20% discount level to kick in from launch!

Nutts

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi R8
Had a wee play on the M3 Configurator. Don’t need many options which is always something but the starting list price is a bit scary. Need the standard BMW 20% discount level to kick in from launch!
.....plus another 20% depreciation in the first year so can pick one up late 2021 for less than 50k

Ben

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
He’s wrong. The manual only comes in the 480bhp variant.

Also, I strongly believe that any journo that says they like the front of it is being paid by BMW.

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
I like the dark green colour. Other than that, such a fussy horrible toyota/lexus/audi style design, can quite figure out what the end goal was for bmw. Interior looks ok though.

Wonder will they sound as meh as the F80 as it is by no means a good sounding car.

davyk31

RMS Regular
Joe Achilles video has a little bit of engine noise, tick over and low revving. Sounds pretty good given all the restrictions nowadays.

Jaystar77

RMS Regular
East County Down, Loaded up and Truckin'...
Drives
Starlet GT Turbo
Saw a brand new 7 series today with one of those huge grilles in chrome. ****ing hideous thing, looks like one of those cheap Chinese knock off cars.

No amount of time will save these from looking like complete *****.

I actually laughed out loud when I saw this - then realised it was brand new and that's how it's meant to look :neutral:

wtafbmw.jpg